chorchevel

Thread: chorchevel

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Full PFC Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Value city, seat 6
    Posts
    970

    chorchevel

    Am I am playing more and more noticing how many people try to 3/4 bet shove with a "windowed" (The first card on the flop is what I call this) set, I used to do this and somewhat gave it up because really its still Omaha and more often than not against 80% of ranged hands are probably only my guess would be 65% which to get it in with 4 to come is not optimal.

    I would like to hear others thoughts, for instance just as I play it, say you have 55KK7 2 suits, and the window is a 5....I don't get it in here just based on if your opp would have 46677 2 suits the chances he will make a set better than yours or straight leave too much to the chance to over-invest.

    Am I overthinking this, I used to lose more than 50% of the time trying to get it in with a windowed set....Now course most know how unlucky I am but I feel this is a bad play actually.
    "How much do you have getem" moose
    "Not enough!" Chipleading at the time

  2. #2
    $$$ GTA Poker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    White Rock, BC
    Posts
    9,131
    so, you are saying that you don't want to continually get your money in 65/35?
    $$$

  3. #3
    Full PFC Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Value city, seat 6
    Posts
    970
    I said not always, thats 80% of ranges...the other 20% your probably far less than 65%

    I do an awful lot of calling 3 bets right now with wraps to the window and have a hit range of well over 40%, I am just ball parking, my question is more am I overthinking things.......and if your 65%-35% with 4 cards to play thats what the stat says, more often than not I know in my own personnal experience I do NOT win 65% of these scenarios that I get it in on one card!
    "How much do you have getem" moose
    "Not enough!" Chipleading at the time

  4. #4
    alces alces moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    12,312
    Propokertools are your friend

    5-Card Omaha Hi Simulation ?
    202,540 trials (Exhaustive)
    board: 5d
    Hand Equity Wins Ties
    5sks5hkh7 55.99% 112,009 2,783
    4c6h6d7c7d 44.01% 87,748 2,783
    To Bet or not to Be(t). That is the question. - Billy (Big Slick) Shakespeare
    RC III, XI, XIV - Champions!

  5. #5
    $$$ GTA Poker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    White Rock, BC
    Posts
    9,131
    Quote Originally Posted by getem76 View Post
    I said not always, thats 80% of ranges...the other 20% your probably far less than 65%

    I do an awful lot of calling 3 bets right now with wraps to the window and have a hit range of well over 40%, I am just ball parking, my question is more am I overthinking things.......and if your 65%-35% with 4 cards to play thats what the stat says, more often than not I know in my own personnal experience I do NOT win 65% of these scenarios that I get it in on one card!
    It sounds like you are underthinking things as according to Moose's post you don't even know the odds in the game you are playing. I would work on understanding that first and then addressing the rest of your game...that's a huge leak.
    $$$

  6. #6
    Full PFC Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Value city, seat 6
    Posts
    970
    I said I was guessing but thanks.
    "How much do you have getem" moose
    "Not enough!" Chipleading at the time

  7. #7
    $$$ GTA Poker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    White Rock, BC
    Posts
    9,131
    No problem, that's what the forum is for
    $$$

  8. #8
    Full PFC Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Value city, seat 6
    Posts
    970
    I didn't have my hands on a calculator so I was more guessing at what the scenarios might have been, the concept that its so close together makes more sense why I stopped doing it thinking I was a bigger favourite sometime ago, more often than not I see others do it and try to capatalize on this....works for me!
    "How much do you have getem" moose
    "Not enough!" Chipleading at the time

  9. #9
    Full PFC Member chaimr1924's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North York
    Posts
    330
    I think this 3 and 4 betting never existed to any extent until people started watching TV tournaments.Now every would be is doing it.Just my 2 cents worth.

  10. #10
    oh it was there, it was just called reraise and re-reraise and re-re-reraise
    ~There once was a maiden from stoneberry hollow..
    ~She didn't talk much but boy did she swallow..

  11. #11
    Full PFC Member chaimr1924's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North York
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    oh it was there, it was just called reraise and re-reraise and re-re-reraise
    I know that but it was not used as much back in the day.Now everybody even newbies are overdoing it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •