Moose in Vegas Day 3 - Sun

Ok enough buffets for now. For breakfast we ate in the Sahara coffee shop using the comp I picked up the night before. Slow start to the day. First had to check out of the Sahara and then walk over to the Stratosphere to check in for the last two nights. At $20/night we had to make the move, plus we wanted to check out another hotel.

So we got to the Strat around 1 pm but our room wasn't ready so we checked our bags and headed for the poker tables. Crap, they were running a list so off we went to sign up for the players card. We stopped by the front desk and our rooms were ready. Much smaller rooms than the Sahara but a lot nicer. Checked back in at the poker room got on 2-4. After about an hour the table got down to 5 handed so we left. Me down another $18 and MM up $34.

Back to the Sahara 2-4 for the next 4 hours. During this time MM had been entering an hourly draw with some of the coupons she got when she signed up for the players card. With me finally up a whole $4 and her down $80 it was time to head for dinner. But we waited for the final draw of the night before leaving. Yahoo! MM got picked and won $100 so off to the Rio to celebrate. To get there we used our final monorail passes (we bought a 10 ride ticket the first day). Since the Rio is owned by Harrah's now, we got off the monorail at Harrah's and took the free shuttle over. We went for the $35 AYCE seafood buffet which offers basically any variety of seafood you can think of. Highly recommended. MM was getting tired now so just had time to look over the Rio poker room which was quite busy. Shuttled back to Harrah's and then took the bus up the strip to the Strat. Going up the strip late at night the bus was pretty good but as we found out the next day, going down the strip during the day is a BAD idea - it is at least a 45 min ride.

I hit the 2-4 tables at the Strat from 12:30 am to 5:30 am. I learned that it is a bad idea when short handed to go for a leak because when I came back I found our table had broke. Once the table had gone short handed around 4 am I suddenly started making money. Finally decided to leave after one more orbit - bad idea. In order I got AA, JJ and 66 that final orbit, lost with them all and ended back down again. I played the 66 looking to catch the high hand jackpot of quad 66's which was up around $460, one of the highest on the board - every time one pays off, it resets back down to $20. Got to meet character #3 - Dopey Kid and #4 Dorky Chinese guy. Dopey kid would raise with any A even A3o, right out of the BB. He also had this great habit of declaring 'raise' and then stating exactly which cards would beat him which would pay off well when MM and I played him later in the week. I kid you not. Obvious straights would hit the board and he would raise and say stuff like "well if you've got the Q, I'm beat". Well duh.

Dorky Chinese guy came in late to play as he had no clothes to change into anyways so there was no point to him going to bed. Seems he tried to get on the plane with an oversize bag. Idiot didn't realize that when that happens they just put your bag in a closet at the front of the plane and you are supposed to pick it up again when you get off. So he left the airport without it, thinking they had 'lost' his luggage. Then he left his cell phone in the taxi on the way to the hotel. Dorky Chinese guy also had a great tell - the more reluctant he was to bet, the bigger the hand. So obvious. We ran back into him several times at the Strat and the Sahara and he lost heavily every time.

So anyways by the time the table broke, I was down another $85 and Dopey Kid was up over $100. This was starting to get frustrating.