New: newly registered members cannot send PMs

Due to an increase in scumbags registering with their only intention being to advertise, newly registered members will not be able to use the 'private message' feature until they've posted 25 times.

Comments

• Sloth,

Can u find out where my original account went I"ve been a member for a few years and now I can"t use the PM option
  • Whew...I thought something had majorly gone wrong...good to know...I'll have to post more often to get my PM ability back

Thanks for the info
  • sloth wrote: »
    Due to an increase in scumbags registering with their only intention being to advertise, newly registered members will not be able to use the 'private message' feature until they've posted 25 times.
    This should ensure quality content ;) .

Is it possible to vouch for someone new to the forum to get them past this early hurdle? Many people join the forum just to signup for home games, and now either cannot (or must make useless posts, inviting the wrath of the current members). In many cases people find out about CPF by being referred here by current members. If we could PM you to say "I know him - he's ok" would that help at all? Then unknowns will still have to meet a posting requirement (I do appreciate these new requirements - hopefully it will cut down on the junk-mail), while "friends" can join with less hassle.
  • Ok...I'm up to over 25 posts and I still can't PM...any ideas???
  • beanie42 wrote: »
    This should ensure quality content ;) .

Is it possible to vouch for someone new to the forum to get them past this early hurdle? Many people join the forum just to signup for home games, and now either cannot (or must make useless posts, inviting the wrath of the current members). In many cases people find out about CPF by being referred here by current members. If we could PM you to say "I know him - he's ok" would that help at all? Then unknowns will still have to meet a posting requirement (I do appreciate these new requirements - hopefully it will cut down on the junk-mail), while "friends" can join with less hassle.

yes, that's a good idea. If another member "vouches" for them, I'll bump 'em up.
  • tekguy22 wrote: »
    Ok...I'm up to over 25 posts and I still can't PM...any ideas???

My bad! I forgot to add the 'promotion' which gives users the ability once they reach 25 posts...but it's been added now. The server polls for users that need to be 'promoted' once every hour. Tek...normally I'd bump you up manually right now, but I'd like to use you as my guinea pig to make sure the automation rule is indeed working. If you're unable to send a pm by 6:30pm EST please let me know.
  • Shopsy2 wrote: »
    Sloth,

Can u find out where my original account went I"ve been a member for a few years and now I can"t use the PM option

the name was just shopsy, correct?
  • I'll vouch for shopsy:)

Great idea sloth. I received a spam PM over the weekend, but when I went to complain he was already banned. YOU ROCK!

Thanks for that.
    yes, that's a good idea. If another member "vouches" for them, I'll bump 'em up.
    Thanks Sloth. In that case, I'll immediately vouch for:

Buzzzardd
    Debaser
    StephonMarbury2
    waltsfriend
    paulwong

They all attended my last tourney and none can PM me for my next one ;)

I guess I know that "shopsy" guy too ;)
  • they've all been moved to status of 'full member' except for shopsy, I need to verify which account he wants and need to get him a new p/w.

please email me @ admin@pokerforum.ca shopsy.
  • thats correct
  • I can also vouch for LostMyEmail23.

It's really member 'TwoThree' Braad, who lost his email or something.

He is a semi-regular at beanies, Zithals and g2s home games.

Johnnie
  • Everything is now working 100%. Thanks Trevor and Sloth.
  • Which is a better rank, Full CPF Member or Senior Member?

Cuz I am a Senior member, but AcidJoe and others are Full CPF Members, and the new guys posting are also Full CPF Members.

Confused in Toronto.

Ummmm never mind, I just was upgraded to Full CPF Member. BTW, what are the perks? Do we get a key to the 'Zecutive Loo? Our own leased sports car? Copag cards? What, what?
  • I'll vouch for thebus.

2nd in a Bristol - he can't be all bad. :D
  • Is it possible that somebody newly registered to this forum cannot even post new threads or reply to posts? Could this be due to my own computer blocking me in some way?
    This is what happen to me over last 2 weeks
    my id here is susu
    previously my id was wicked in the old forum..
    acidjoe can possibly vouch for me as wicked as i have played a few times in his bradford tourneys
    thanks
  • strange..
    seem to be able to post this reply at work on work computer but had not been able to at my home laptop over last 2 weeks
    " error message says i do not have the priviledge to ...... because of
    .............."
    I tried to use "contact us " to ask sloth about this twice now but did not recieve any reply..
    any idea why this is happening?
  • susu wrote: »
    strange..
    seem to be able to post this reply at work on work computer but had not been able to at my home laptop over last 2 weeks
    " error message says i do not have the priviledge to ...... because of
    .............."
    I tried to use "contact us " to ask sloth about this twice now but did not recieve any reply..
    any idea why this is happening?

I'm sorry susu, could you explain in detail what's happened? You can email admin@pokerforum.ca if you'd like and I'll look into it asap.
  • thanks Sloth
    pm sent
    problems solved.
  • Please give 'waltsfriend' PM abilities, I can vouch for her.

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    Please give 'waltsfriend' PM abilities, I can vouch for her.

/g2
    Same for 'Quimby' I can vouch for him too. Thanks

/g2
  • 25 seems like quite a few posts to demand from users before giving them PM privileges. Maybe 5 or 10 would be better. Just my opinion.

/g2
    If another member "vouches" for them, I'll bump 'em up.
    Please enable PM'ing for "DataMn".
  • g2 wrote: »
    25 seems like quite a few posts to demand from users before giving them PM privileges. Maybe 5 or 10 would be better. Just my opinion.

/g2

that's true...especially since spammers are usually caught within 5 posts or less.
  • I can vouch for Doyle Who. Since I employ him and he used me as a reference when signing up LOL.
  • Don't know if this is a bug or not, but earlier today I was able to PM, but now I can't.

Btw, how many posts are required before a member gets PM ability?

Thanks,
    Speedmaster.
  • Btw, how many posts are required before a member gets PM ability?
    The magic number is in the original post of this thread.

/g2
  • Member Aiki65 is a real person and not a spamming freak.

Consider this post a "vouch" for him. Could you enable PMing?

Thanks sloth!
  • I can vouch for Mlipton. Please enable his PM