Please ban

joe9 and zane

The one guy posts and then after a couple replies, the other copy/pastes in some crap about a poker calculator. SPAM

/g2

Comments

• Add FredehVefr to the list

/g2
  • Add noah to the list.

/g2
  • ban saul9987

/g2
  • Umm... is anyone listening?

/g2
  • Its been done already...
  • All of them, or just the last one?

/g2
  • All of them should've been done awhile back...
    But the last one for sure...
  • Woohoo thanks Wes!

/g2
  • Before Greg can do it!

hustler730
  • What does your avatar say Flint?

/g2
  • "Come on Baby, I am not going to yank myself"

Read into it as you will.
  • LOL....

/g2
  • Please add Dave0309 to the list.

Double posted in OPT GPC, begging for money.
  • i'm curious if others feel the same way on this...

there's been a shitload of guys signing up recently and inevitably one has referred the others. they all seem to be posting in each others threads or reviving old threads with semi-useless (well, sometimes useful i suppose)comments. is this an effort to boost their posts to get cpf bucks? do these folks realize these bucks are on supreme? :)
  • Your right Greg, I've wondered the same thing. Seems funny that so many are signing up in such a short time. Could they all be one person, or perhaps... :) they're all g2's Russian girlfriends..
  • compuease wrote: »
    Your right Greg, I've wondered the same thing. Seems funny that so many are signing up in such a short time. Could they all be one person, or perhaps... :) they're all g2's Russian girlfriends..

VEEE Hallf Wheys offff making EWE Talk!

Good observation Jeff, My feeling exactly, funny how he shows up in Ottawa and Well you know!

Milton SLim
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    there's been a shitload of guys signing up recently and inevitably one has referred the others. they all seem to be posting in each others threads or reviving old threads with semi-useless (well, sometimes useful i suppose)comments. is this an effort to boost their posts to get cpf bucks? do these folks realize these bucks are on supreme? :)
    It is REALLY annoying, since these posts have no value. However, there are plenty of instances where lots of veteran forum members start making useless posts (or entire threads of them), so I don't see why you get punished simply because you are new.

If it is the same person, I'm sure the mods can determine it from IP logs, etc. and ban as necessary. However, if it is a bunch of new people (whether friends or not), there is nothing inherently wrong (meaning against the rules) with their posts. As much as I hate it, I don't think there is really anything that can/should be done, and the rest of us simply have to accept that the forum is growing (but not necessarily in quality). If we start banning/censoring based on the "worthiness" of the posts, we'd eliminate most of the content...
  • beanie42 wrote: »
    It is REALLY annoying, since these posts have no value. However, there are plenty of instances where lots of veteran forum members start making useless posts (or entire threads of them), so I don't see why you get punished simply because you are new.

If it is the same person, I'm sure the mods can determine it from IP logs, etc. and ban as necessary. However, if it is a bunch of new people (whether friends or not), there is nothing inherently wrong (meaning against the rules) with their posts. As much as I hate it, I don't think there is really anything that can/should be done, and the rest of us simply have to accept that the forum is growing (but not necessarily in quality). If we start banning/censoring based on the "worthiness" of the posts, we'd eliminate most of the content...

Honestly, I posted this in another thread in the Site Feedback area without seeing this first. I understand that some of us veterans post absolute garbage sometimes. And I don't feel that we have earned the right to type nonsense. However, the amount of pm's/live comments I get saying how funny a stupid post was or whatever blinded me to the fact that it is annoying if you just want decent content.

If tightening up on the board means I have to pull back from my nonsensical musings, I will. I would rather miss out on writing my one stupid comment a day then have the board in the shape it is now.

BRING ON THE CRACKDOWN!
  • I'm about to do the stupidest thing...I'm defending Haddon's 'nonsensical musings' blindly.

I like 'em and they are usually in the off topic lounge, which seems appropriate.
    I barely know what the new guys are doing and maybe they fit the bill as well. If they don't- eff them 'cause Josh said so, if they do...
    eff them cause Josh said so.

Seriously..NOW will you go to senior prom with me?
  • so Trevor, You don't believe Jeff's theory about Greg's girlfriends

Milton SLim
  • Just a question. Someone in one post, ban someone if they make more then 5-10 posts a day. I don't see why. I have made more then 10 posts today why should I get banned. I try to make a valid contribution to questions not just a little post that is one or twos lines. Maybe judge people on quantity not quality. If someone makes 20 good posts that are fair contributions I see no problem with that. Now on another note if someone makes 20 posts and all are like "yes I agree with that" then yes maybe they should be banned.
  • Riderrr, no one is saying NOT to contribute, or NOT to post. In a public forum like this, that would be silly.

Just recently there seems to have been an abnormal number of new members, posting in each other's threads, and quite frankly, not very informative or contributing whatsoever. The suspicions are that alot of these 'new' members are actually one or two people trying to capitalize on the $$ per post. If so, they will be dealt with accordingly by the mods.

If you are actually a contributing member, and participate in the threads with insight and opinions, great, welcome to the forum. Just your timing for joining considering the flood of new members seems suspicious.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Riderrr, no one is saying NOT to contribute, or NOT to post. In a public forum like this, that would be silly.

Just recently there seems to have been an abnormal number of new members, posting in each other's threads, and quite frankly, not very informative or contributing whatsoever. The suspicions are that alot of these 'new' members are actually one or two people trying to capitalize on the $$ per post. If so, they will be dealt with accordingly by the mods.

If you are actually a contributing member, and participate in the threads with insight and opinions, great, welcome to the forum. Just your timing for joining considering the flood of new members seems suspicious.

Thats fine, and I agree, thats why I should people should be dealt according to the quality of the posts. And yes it is annoying when people thread fill. But lets just say person A has a couple of poker games going around, he tells all his friends then they sign up. Just because they don't continue to post does not neccesaily mean they should be banned. Personally I think it should take more then a day or two to decide whether or not the person is worthy of posting. Also another situation someone might be initially be posting just for the money, but then realize the site is actually good. A suggestion might be to not ban someone right away, but just not let them cash there points for awhile and see if they stick around. If they do its quite apparent they actually like the site not just the bucks. Just my two cents.
  • if these guys are posting just to get the cpf bucks, i will give them cpf bucks if they promise to not post any more garbage. just pm me. they will learn just how useful those cpf bucks are!
  • beanie42 wrote: »
    excellent point trev. i'd prefer it to be all poker all the time. i guess i get my back up when it seems like the person's sole reason posting is to get their post count up so they can get a couple of bucks for supreme. if an existing member wants to make a silly post once in a while i don't see this as being in the same category.

now, there is the odd member here who seems to post mostly useless stuff. that is another story. and no, josh, it is not you.
  • Riderr, how the hell do you have so many CPF bux?
  • I think that you get $25 for a referral
  • I've been here almost 2yrs now and he's got more than me!
    haddon wrote: »
    Riderr, how the hell do you have so many CPF bux?