Topflight 10K Guaranteed tourney March 24th

Posting for a friend again. His club will be hosting another 10K Guaranteed event. The last one on Feb 16th had approx. 65 players and 27,000 in prizes. Satellites are being run at the club on Wednesday and Thursday nights I believe as well as the day of the tournament. Anyone interested in more info please PM me and I will pass the information onto them.

The last tournament had starting stacks of 10k and 25 minute blind levels, I don't have the blind schedule but will get it and post it. Hopefully this time around I don't donk off 100k in chips.

Comments

• Voodoo, are you going to be running any of your own satellite(s) again? My friend may try to host a rake-free satellite with a lot more play again.
  • Where's this club? and What's the buy in?
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Voodoo, are you going to be running any of your own satellite(s) again? My friend may try to host a rake-free satellite with a lot more play again.

BF ... I am going to see if I can get enough interest to run one at one of my bar locations. I was thinking something along the lines of 10 players @ $70 each with Top 2 winning a seat. I have the tables/Chips/Copags at each location to accomodate it. Structure could be 5000 w/ 25 minute blinds.
  • Choron wrote: »
    Where's this club? and What's the buy in?

For obvious reasons I won't post the address but the club is located in Mississauga in the HWY 10 area and the Buyin is $350. If you need contact info PM me and I will hook you up.

I am hearing that they will probably have 80 players or more so the payout should be huge for this. It was extremely well run last time and the food was great.
  • As long as it's not on Thursday night, I am interested. Thursday is when I play in a cash poker league where the champion wins a WSOP prize package.
    Voodoo wrote: »
    I am going to see if I can get enough interest to run one at one of my bar locations.
  • Please forward info. ASAP. Very interested.
    Thanks. The 'Wine Man' - Kitchener, ON
  • Larry L. wrote: »
    Please forward info. ASAP. Very interested.
    Thanks. The 'Wine Man' - Kitchener, ON

Larry I will PM you the contact info now.
  • Im running a Rake-free satellite for this tournament. looking for 20 players buy-in $40.00 top 3 gets paid. i post the information under poker clubs contact me for anyinfo Yama150@homail.com
    I participate last time in top flight it was GREAT Tourney, Great food, and Great people there.

Thanks.
  • FREE ROLL wrote: »
    This tourny is very well run at one of the nicest rooms around. At least 20 players from River Room will be there since we dominated the final table the last time!

Not this time man, I won't be playing 2 all nighters before this tourney like the last one. I look forward to taking out your RR players one by one.
  • Who were the winners of that huge 275-player shootout tournament on the weekend? It was like a whos-who of poker clubs there. There were at least five players in my table who have played at the WSOP or WPT.
    FREE ROLL wrote: »
    We have the best tourny players in the city if not the entire country and I'm not just saying that because it is my home club.
    Maybe this can spark and nice friendly inter-club tourny where we take the top 5 players of each club and put our money where our mouth's are.
  • Spoke to them today.. Satellites will start at 4pm on Saturday. If anyone needs location details PM me and I will forward them to you.
    River Room dominates this tourny once again! The final five players were all River Room regulars and made a deal of $4800 each including myself!

Alright Big guy nice job but you failed to mention the suckouts I experienced at that final table to finish 7th. My QQ lost to AJ in that 230K pot. That guy had horseshoes at the very least. Weird thing was in 8 hours of poker you and I were never involved in one hand against each other. It's a good thing I brokered that deal when we got 7 handed or I would have been pissed not making money.
  • Yeah I am not big on deals, sure the guaranteed money is nice but like you said I think the experience gained in playing it out could pay off tenfold in the future. Only thing about yesterday was that with blinds at 7000/14000 and a 500 ante the chances of post flop play (if we even saw a flop) was non existent. It was for the most part a pushfest at that point and came down to who was going to get lucky more than who might be better.

Anyways I will make a trip over to the River Room in the next week or so to play one of your tournies.
  • Once again very good game....finished 12th.....cruised the whole tourney and then made one incorrect move.....cost me my stack....

Great game...great players :)

I agree with the blind structure change though...it starts to get a little tough with the level jumps....after 500-1000
  • Hey FreeRoll, nice to see you posting without getting banned. ;)
    Sorry I missed this tourney and also that the blinds got a little rushed. I am sure they will iron that out for the next big one.
    Either way a super nice club that is well run.
  • Once again very good game....finished 12th.....cruised the whole tourney and then made one incorrect move.....cost me my stack....

Great game...great players :)

I agree with the blind structure change though...it starts to get a little tough with the level jumps....after 500-1000

Black... what table(s) were you at, was trying to figure out who the last 12 were. What was the mistake?
  • I was at table 2 (when we were down to final two tables...with my drunk monkey hat on....)

I was sitting with about 130K for most of the table...before they moved me out of my BB onto the other table)

I self destructed at that table in the first hand...so I sat down into BB with 5K-10K 500 ante

mid position raises to 30K and I look down at Q9H....easy fold...been doing it all tourney....nope...not for numb nuts me....I call (first mistake) flop 7810

I push....instant call by original raiser with K10.....i don't fill up...and I am out....

Yup...total tard play....
  • let me know the information pm me it i would like to play
  • let me know the information pm me it i would like to play

LOL.. You're about 3 days late, the tourney was last Saturday.
  • I was at table 2 (when we were down to final two tables...with my drunk monkey hat on....)

I was sitting with about 130K for most of the table...before they moved me out of my BB onto the other table)

I self destructed at that table in the first hand...so I sat down into BB with 5K-10K 500 ante

mid position raises to 30K and I look down at Q9H....easy fold...been doing it all tourney....nope...not for numb nuts me....I call (first mistake) flop 7810

I push....instant call by original raiser with K10.....i don't fill up...and I am out....

Yup...total tard play....

Yeah we were at the same table before they moved you then. I was seat 4 infront of the dealer (1 player between me and Zaps).
  • Ok...gotcha....nice to start putting some names with faces....I play at a lot of different places...but don't seem to know anyone off of here in the "real world"

You played a great tourney....a lot of good players in that game....we'll collide again ;)
    Hey Bill, long time no speak. When am I going to see you across the felt?

Lord only knows. :)
    Hopefully soon. I want to get out to the Tuesday Tourney but since I work Tues/Thurs. nights it has proven difficult..
    My game has become even weaker this past year with my decrease in activity.

See you soon hopefully..