1/2 Tournament Every Friday Night

hello guys I have a new Poker Room Opening up This Friday so we are doing Tournament every friday startin g at 9:00 pm or when we get 20 player.
Buy in is $60.00
Unlimited Buy ins for the first 2 hours
Winner Take All
The more people buy in the more the pot will be should start at $800.00 and then go up from there. plus we will also have live games other days of the week

The Place: P&J Social Club
738 Queen St East right by Broadview
Number is 647-281-1502
we open at 8:00 pm

Comments

• That's quite a rake for a tourney.
    With 20 players the buyin will be 1200, so you are raking 33%.
  • The Place: P&J Social Club
    738 Queen St East right by Broadview
    Number is 647-281-1502
    we open at 8:00 pm
    I like how they have the balls to post their address online.

Best of luck with the new club, reminds me of the best kind of sandwich!

/g2
  • Have to pay the dealer $100.00 each need 3 dealer for a good game
  • I thought most clubs pay their dealers based on tips for the tournaments? The problem with rebuy tournaments at clubs I find is there is typically no way to know how many rebuys have actually taken place. Just another way for the club owners to profit, indirectly. I have played at a few clubs with no rebuys advertised but players have been able to rebuy, with no overall change to the payouts. Or they show up late after the payouts have been determined and the payouts don't change accordingly.
  • I wont alow any new player after we start it not fair to the other player. i also have play at other rooms with tournament and some clubs do make alot of money from there tournament i just want to have fun and make a few bucks im not out to get rich from this. i do work full time. just want to pay the rent have kill some time.
  • Buy in is $60.00

Winner Take All

the pot will be should start at $800.00

Ahahahahahahahahahaha! Good one.
    Now how much should the pot be reeeeally?
  • Is Chuckieland now posting as P&J Social Club?
  • Winner Take All
    Wow... didn't even notice that the first time around. Yer crazy man. I like you, but yer crazy.

/g2
  • I agree with the replies. You can't expect people to go to a new club when 25% of their tournament buy-in is raked just to pay for dealers. What some clubs do is ask the knowledgeable players to deal for their tournament table in exchange for a lower buy-in.

Clubs make the most money from cash games, so what some clubs do is offer player-friendly tournaments to attract the most players then start the cash games as players get eliminated. I think a club in that area is offering rake-free tournaments before their cash game starts. Anyway, good luck with your new club.
    Hobbes wrote: »
    That's quite a rake for a tourney.
    With 20 players the buyin will be 1200, so you are raking 33%.