travel advice - Borgata Winter Open

Does anybody have any advice or suggestions about flying to Atlantic City?

We are hoping to go next Thursday to try some satellites for the Borgata Winter Open Tournament. The drive from Toronto is about 9 hours so we'd like to fly.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...thanks.

Comments

• drive and stop at Turning Stone on the way; exactly half way to NYC and they have a poker room rate of $90/night for five star accomodations.
  • Animaux wrote: »
    Does anybody have any advice or suggestions about flying to Atlantic City?

We are hoping to go next Thursday to try some satellites for the Borgata Winter Open Tournament. The drive from Toronto is about 9 hours so we'd like to fly.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...thanks.

No real reasonable flying options to AC from Toronto, no direct flights, most seem to connect through Atlanta and very expensive, ie $500. and up. Just checked out of Buffalo which seems to be similar. I think your only option is driving, unless there is some tour bus option....
  • I went last summer and flew direct to Philadelphia.

There are buses direct to AC from Philly for $20 USD, several different bus companies offer this service.
  • I think that at this late date any flights, even to Philly are going to be expensive. I just checked and the only flights available for under $700. are connectors, ie total travel to Philly is approx 6hrs, then add the bus and you are looking at about the same travel time.... and a lot more cost..
  • Agreed....def. not a wise choice unless you're dealing with a direct flight.
  • compuease wrote: »
    I think your only option is driving
    OK, forum road trip to Atlantic City!
    Are we there yet? ;)
  • I looked at direct flights and the best rate I could find was Air Canada $840 round per person Toronto/Philly....so...we are going to drive to Seneca and play tournies, satellites & cash instead.

Thanks for the input everyone !
  • compuease, are you or any of your Las Vegas mates playing at Boston Pizza Milton tonight? I feel like playing a fun tournament first before heading over to a big cash game.
    Animaux wrote: »
    we are going to drive to Seneca and play tournies, satellites & cash instead.
    FYI, there are currently no good tournaments at Seneca. Their daily tournaments & SNGs are horrible for Canadians, so only dumb Americans that don't care about paying 31% rake keep playing them, which does bring traffic for the sometimes juicy cash games. Their WSOP satellite is one of the best ways to get into the Main Event, but it is only run if 11 players sign up.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »

FYI, there are currently no good tournaments at Seneca. Their daily tournaments & SNGs are horrible for Canadians, so only dumb Americans that don't care about paying 31% rake keep playing them, which does bring traffic for the sometimes juicy cash games. Their WSOP satellite is one of the best ways to get into the Main Event, but it is only run if 11 players sign up.

Blonde Fish you need you own section on the forum listing the tournaments around the area, what the rake is, and what the skill level & patience factors are.

You always seem to know where the good games are.
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    Blonde Fish you need you own section on the forum listing the tournaments around the area, what the rake is, and what the skill level & patience factors are.

It already exists:

http://www.pokerforum.ca/showthread.php?t=14422

I just need the software so I can figure out the patience factor, etc. and I can add these details to my post.

btw Blondefish, where is the juicy cash game on a Weds. night??
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    What's my commission for referring the Ching Hill sharks to the +EV tournaments at Seneca? ;)
    Actually, a couple of the magazine articles I wanted to submit were about rating tournaments and cash games, but the poker magazine did not want any cardroom's name mentioned, which defeats the purpose for players. So I'll just keep telling the best live games via this forum or private message (for underground games).
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    I just need the software so I can figure out the patience factor, etc. and I can add these details to my post.
    The software is available free here..

http://www.pokertournamentformula.com/

Scroll down and it's under the Poker Tournament Analysis section on the left.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    compuease, are you or any of your Las Vegas mates playing at Boston Pizza Milton tonight? I feel like playing a fun tournament first before heading over to a big cash game.
    Nope, don't play at Boston Pizza, think I've had enough poker for a day or two. :) There are already a group of us heading down to AC mid March...
  • There is no cheap ways to get to AC. There used to be charter flights going every weekend either for a day or two days depending on who runs them. I haven't done that in years so I can't supply any info. The only way to fly there is to Philly then bus, cab, limo to AC. I"ve done that several times too.

As the doors song says, keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel and go for it. 9 - 10 hours isn't that bad. I've done far worse.