West Side Poker Club

I just want to thank all those who came to the event on Saturday I believe it was a great day for all and want to update Cam's situation.

Also, I want to thank all those who gave there concerns for Cam. He was admitted to the hospital on Monday. My understanding is that he is to have a CAT scan. There has been no mention of any MIR as of yet. As many of you know Cam is a diabetic but the health concerns of Saturday were unrelated. He is in definite need of prayers. He is very depressed as well. I will try to keep you up to date as possible.

Brent

Comments

• Brent
    My sincere best wishes for Cam and family

Milton Slim
  • I hope everything goes well.
  • Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for Cam.
  • Get better soon, Cam...it was obvious on Saturday that you were not your usual self, and there was a great deal of concern for you.

All our prayers!
  • Thanks for the info Brent!

Get well soon Cam, my prayers are with you.

Romer
  • Absolutely all my best to both Cam and his family. I know they have some tough health luck over the past couple of years.
  • Get well soon Cam. I enjoy having you out to my house.
  • Get well soon Cam...keep us updated if you can please Brent.
  • Positive wishes to you and yours Brent....

Get well Cam.. much love

Mark
  • Get well soon Cam. Keep us updated Brent.
  • Prayers have been sent, and a candle is lit. Keep us posted, big guy.
  • Get well soon Cam. You are missed.
  • My prayers are with your family Cam! Get well soon.

Shannon
  • Best wishes to Cam & his family.

Sorry I wasn't able to deal that day as my body couldn't wake up on one hour's sleep from the game before. I slept right through my one-hour alarm :-[ and Happy's phone call looking for a ride.
  • Best wishes Cam for a speedy recovery and better health in the future for you and your daughter.
  • An update on Cam.

He was discharged from Markham Stouffville Hospital yesterday morning. The result on the CAT scan was “there is nothing wrong with him”. Anyone who saw him and tried to talk with him on Saturday knew there was something wrong. His speech was completely slurred, his motor functions were poor, and he was bumping into things when he tried to walk, yet they sent him home. Even though he had a blood sugar level of 25 (his is suppose to be 4-5 range).

Last night he was taken to Sunnybrook hospital. I am no doctor but it seems to me his diabetes and the stress he endures, has caused him to have a mild stroke. It is the best way to describe what has happened to him.

Cam appreciates all the friends he has as a result of West Side Poker Club and the Poker Forum.

I will try to keep you update throughout the week.

Brent
  • hey brent, give my best wishes to cam. keep pushing until they figure out what is wrong. insider tip: if no one comes to pick him up, they can't discharge him.

tell him next time K8 will not make money. i promise.
  • I purposefully walked in front of him as he went down the stairs just in case he did take a spill...he was obviously hurting from something...can't figure out why the doctors say there's nothing wrong, when it was clear there was on Saturday.

Cam, take it easy bud. Take care of yourself, and your family.

Brent, thanks for keeping us posted.
  • Sunnybrook did another CAT scan that revealed nothing. He was then given an MIR. They say he has had a stroke. I don't really know what that means as far as what happens to him now. And the rest of his life.

That is all I know. His blood sugar is still at 17.

I am at such a loss.

Brent
  • Hey Brent, tell Cam I still owe him the use of the Harrington books so he has to get better quick! By the way if you want a pretty good description of what an MRI is and what it is used for have a look here..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_resonance_imaging
  • They say he has had a stroke. I don't really know what that means as far as what happens to him now.

That explains the strange PM I got this morning.

Brent, hang in there. If you need any kind of help with anything, let us know. I'm sure there are enough of us that would do anything to help out.
  • Mir and my prayers are with you Cam and Brent.
  • Brent, on average 1/3 of all stroke victims have a 100% recovery on all fronts within a year of their stroke. This percentage increases as the severity of the incident decreases. My mother had a mild stroke a couple of years ago. She suffers from all the complications that come with being in your late 70's. Today, with the exception of those age-related issues, she is back to normal. I am hoping that the same will be true for Cam. I am sure you have done some searches on-line already. There is ample info. to augment whatever the Doctor's are, and are not, telling you. Good luck to you and Cam both, and my prayers are with you and yours for the duration.
  • Brent,

This is really crazy sad news -- my prayers are with Cam and family. It really puts things in perspective and I'm confident Cam will pull through.

I want to say so much, but nothing comes to mind that will help. Always go with your gut on the doctors and be persistent. No need to go nuts on them, but always ensure you're getting what you feel is a good shake.

The key is Cam's recovery and getting him what he needs.

Lou
  • I hope that they figure out what is going on with cam. I wish a speedy recovery for Cam and hope to see him well again.my prayers are with him and his family
  • See you at the next WSPC tourney with my collector's edition ring Cam!

Get some rest and get well!
  • Get well Cam, I didn't realize that you would take me not being able to come to the west side that hard. Aimee and I are thinking of you. See you soon.
  • Get Well Cam.. Brent if you need anything you know how to get ahold of us.. :) .. We are here for Cam and his family. and You.. I would give you a big hug if you were here now.. Miss you guys..

CAM!!!! get well.. we love ya man.....

Thinking of you always..

Aimee.. Hugs
  • Brent, I see you're online. Any update/news? Hopefully Cam is improving?
  • Cam was moved from Sunnybrook to a rehab Toronto rehab centre on university street this morning. His speech has made a remarkable improvement over the weekend. His motor skills involved in walking have not changed much. He is to be at this rehab centre for the next 2-4 weeks.

Thanks for your support and intrest in his progress.

Brent