Welcome!

How did you get good?
What are your online stats? vp$ip/pfr/af/went to showdown/continuation bet/fold to continuation bet/3 bet preflop/won showdown?
What software programs do you use?
Have you used to cardrunners, pokerxfactor, any other sites?
What are the last ten poker books you've read and what do you think of them?

Comments

• i got good through hours and hours and hours of playing and reading hand histories ( my own and other people's), studying the game is truly the only way to become the best.

tbh im not really a numbers guy so i dont know my stats, i use no software, Poker Pwnage is obv the only site i use :)....and the only poker book ive read is "play poker like the pros" by hellmuth, that was a long time ago though and it really didn't help tournament strategy which is my specialty.

GF
  • tbh im not really a numbers guy so i dont know my stats, i use no software, Poker Pwnage is obv the only site i use :)....and the only poker book ive read is "play poker like the pros" by hellmuth, that was a long time ago though and it really didn't help tournament strategy which is my specialty.

GF

What do you think of the opinion that tourney's are really just crap shoots since there are no do-overs? You go in as a huge fav. you get drawn out on and suddenly all the work you've done for the past hours (or days live) is over often with nothing to show for it? Cash games at least, allow you to reload and eventually if you get your money in good you will end up stacking people an appropriate amount of time.

What percentage of tourney's do you cash?
  • Poker Pwnage is obv the only site i use :)....and the only poker book ive read is "play poker like the pros" by hellmuth, that was a long time ago though and it really didn't help tournament strategy which is my specialty.

GF

$150 for 6 months of top notch poker training is an awesome deal IMO. I've watched a lot of the videos on there and there have been no disappointments so far.
  • thanks ace :)...

to answer the previous question, there are a lot of variance in tourneys because you do have to win a lot of showdowns to win the tourney, at the same time i feel that you can reduce this variance by reading stack sizes properly and by avoiding showdowns...this can make the game less of a "crapshoot" and can bring skill in as a higher element. This is something i have worked with a lot of my personal students on.

GF