Limit Poker Question

Hi there, thank you for taking our questions...

I apologize if you already answered some of these questions, but I can't read most of the answers you have given so far since it's taking forever to open up pages this morning....

1. Do you play Limit or NL
2. Full Ring or Short
3. Do you multi-table? What limit do you play?

Here is my main question.... I don't play NL anymore since I have a hard time folding huge hands even if I know I'm beat.... This leak is too big for me to keep going NL... So I adjusted my game and have become pretty good at Limit Poker... Can a good limit player make as much money as a good NL player... Also, I play FR right now and was thinking of moving over to short hand Limit.... would you recommend that and why....

Thanks You in advance.

Comments

• Can a good limit player make as much money as a good no-limit player?

No... There are lots of different estimates of what a good player can make in limit and NL expressed as BB/hr or BB/100 hands, but all give the edge to NL. And bad NL players go broke much faster than bad limit players!
  • That said, plenty of people make comfortable professional livings playing limit only.
  • Yup you can still make very good money via limit poker. I'm playing mosty limit the past while, and have enjoyed it more. Seems like the overall trend of NL cash players getting better and Limit players getting worse. Personally I get bored easily playing full rings and only play short handed.
  • I play NL full ring up to $1000NL($5/$10) typically and mtt's. Ghettofabolous plays mtt's.

I play up to 30/60 limit live but I dont play limit holdem online at all. We really arent qualified to give you good limit holdem advice.
  • herschelw wrote: »
    good limit holdem advice
    raise the turn. bet the river. lather. rinse. repeat. devo, care to add anything?