Best Way To Approach Cash Games

Okay... found on tired of going broke and being somewhat new I thought I'd be able to ask as some I think I've read as well versed in cash. I know this is micro stakes, but would just like to start good practices. Just curious as to what angles all should be looked at as far as trying to build a bankroll in relatively low mircostakes PLO. I already have PT Omaha, and currently tracking as far as my #of hands, BB/100, etc... I would like to think I play very conservative PLO, and play as solid as a can in position, etc... I'm not here to ask about my play specificly, But I guess what are some key things that I can look for within myself to improve my game as what to bring to my attention that perhaps may help view Cash in general. Like currently I'm pretty much at the lowest of limits, and don't think I really have a large session base to be able to make fish lists yet... and also considering the stakes are so small, will there be many hobbyists like me out there at $10 PLO. Help and insight would be splendidly appreciated.

Comments

• Read the PLO section in SuperSystem 2. It's some of the best info available on the game for beginners.

Some general tips if you're losing at PLO, would be to

- ensure you have a 30 buyin bankroll.
    - don't open limp
    - play tight as hell in early position. Don't raise with anything in a multiway pot in the blinds.
    - just play hands like pairs with suited aces, or high connected hands.
    - don't over value double pair hands.
    - if your losing at 6 max, try full ring
  • Find Hutchinson System...study it.

Great system for new PLO players
  • Did you have a look here?

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f52/plo-strategy-14869/

and the rest of the strategy section.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Did you have a look here?

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f52/plo-strategy-14869/

and the rest of the strategy section.

Wow, good article.
  • tellbox wrote: »
    Read the PLO section in SuperSystem 2. It's some of the best info available on the game for beginners.

Some general tips if you're losing at PLO, would be to

- ensure you have a 30 buyin bankroll.
    - don't open limp
    - play tight as hell in early position. Don't raise with anything in a multiway pot in the blinds.
    - just play hands like pairs with suited aces, or high connected hands.
    - don't over value double pair hands.
    - if your losing at 6 max, try full ring

Good advice.
  • Also some great advice given to me regarding low stakes PLO:

1. Always ask yourself on every hand your in, every time, every street "What is the very best possible hand?"

2. Ask yourself on every hand your in after step one "What do they likely have?" This is tough to do in Omaha - so try instead to simplify down to "draws - made - bluff - unknown" and then mentally assign a possible strength to them.

3. Compare step one and step two and make an appropriate move.

4. Exercise diligent control of pot size - PLO is a game of redraws and be prepared to bail on death cards on 4th and 5th street.

5. 30 buy ins isn't nitty enough for me - I am closer to 40 or 50 to handle the variance of micro's.

Also in general I like to "make a hand, then bet the hand". In terms of strategy pre-flop for hand selection there is tons of good stuff out there, just pick one that works for you.