Top 5 Errors in Poker

Just posted an article on my site. What do you think?

Top 5 Errors in Poker - Poker News

Comments

• - what about taking advantage of position? also falling in love with an over pair. Article seems more geared to cash games.
  • I am assuming this is being written in a brief general manner for basics of the game.

I would combine points 2 and 5 along with some other extras in a category I would simply call BET SIZING

- People bet way too small at times, not realizing their bets have no chance to cause anyone to fold

- People bet way too big at times when only hands that can beat them can call (your all in on a bluff is a bit of a specific off shoot of this)

You can add all sorts of examples to this category.

Your errors 1 and 3 are fine, so is 4 for tournaments

I would also say a failure to appreciate the power of position is a huge error in a lot of players as well, though not sure that discussion is for the article you wrote.
  • IMO not even close to the top 5.

Bankroll management, discipline, emotional play, game selection, stop-losses, not playing with tired, etc all supercede these in becoming a winning player
  • Thanks guys for the feedback. I didn't actually write the article, but will look into doing a better one for another site. Appreciate the feedback.