Spelling?

Very minor thing but still it bugs me. Why is it that when I type things like colour I get told I'm spelling it wrong? This is a Canadian site damnit and that's how we spell things in Canada: properly :)

Comments

• There is a spell check?
  • Probably because you're on firefox and it's a built in function.
  • Graham wrote: »
    There is a spell check?

The forum circa '04/'05 had a spell checker.

Colour <---Yep Firefox says it's spelled wrong.

Just add words to your dictionary.
  • Wild Westside and JohnnieH, you're both incredible. That has been driving me insane for over a year now since I've been using firefox. I absolutely refuse to spell things phonetically. Is there any way you can switch the spellchecker to a Canadian dictionary or do you have to add the words to the built in dictionary?

Anyhoo, thanks for the info. Loved Graham's response too. Even though I've never met him, I could almost picture a look of astonishment on his face at being told about a huge new feature of his own website! Very funny.
  • Is there any way you can switch the spellchecker to a Canadian dictionary or do you have to add the words to the built in dictionary?
    Have a look at this...
    Firefox Dictionary & Spell Checker Hacks: Edit Misspelled Words, Merge with Word Dictionary - Digital Inspiration
  • Thanks Jeffreee. (Just kidding) I was going to try and spell Compuease phonetically, but.. it didn't change anything.
  • Graham wrote: »
    There is a spell check?

Awesome.

Thanks for the help guys. Didn't realize it was because I was using Firefox... which begs the next question: how the in the bluest of blue hell's did you crazies know I was using Firefox?! I expect that all bugs, audio and visual, will be removed from my place of residence within the next 36 hours and that any and all references from said bugs to my Care Bear problem will not be used against me in any way, shape or form.
  • grdghrdhdstydhfgdfgrsahdtjhdhdgfgvncxjxfgjxcfgjxc