45 man SNG FT HU w/ 33

villain is a decent player. he and i have been second and first respectively for most of the final table. he was directly to my right and had been decently aggressive with his steals. i had played pretty tight and conservative.

just interested in hearing some opinions.

Full Tilt - $5+$0.50|800/1600 NL - Holdem - 2 players

Hero (BB): 42,400.00
SB: 25,100.00
SB posts SB 800.00, Hero posts BB 1,600.00
Pre Flop: (2400.00) Hero has 3d 3s
SB raises to 25,100.00 and is all-in
Hero ?

Comments

• call.

EDIT: basically we can discount some of his bigger pairs (99+ or something) and for every pair he has that you're way behind he has a million 2 over card off suit hands that you have a slight edge)
  • dammit, i snap called before thinking about it......

how many hands hu? you don't need much info before you can make a decent decision on this one. if this was the first hand id probably fold.....but some guys will shove any ace etc. then i would call.
  • Vekked wrote: »
    call.

EDIT: basically we can discount some of his bigger pairs (99+ or something) and for every pair he has that you're way behind he has a million 2 over card off suit hands that you have a slight edge)

i think your giving to much credit to the villain though......:confused:
  • darbday wrote: »
    i think your giving to much credit to the villain though......:confused:

I thought I was giving him the opposite of credit, explain.
    I thought I was giving him the opposite of credit, explain.
    not alot of guys shove broadway with 15 bbs at the lower levels i think....just pairs and high aces....

and id tend to cut out the top of his range too but, its prob not a good idea....
    not alot of guys shove broadway with 15 bbs at the lower levels i think....just pairs and high aces....

and id tend to cut out the top of his range too but, its prob not a good idea....

Idk we have reads that he's aggressive. Re: not cutting out the top of his range, you REALLY think he's shoving QQ+ here?
    Idk we have reads that he's aggressive. Re: not cutting out the top of his range, you REALLY think he's shoving QQ+ here?
    ya i do (some players for sure)...

and its just that stealing at a final table doesn't correlate to shoving properly or not heads up....I'd just like to know were not looking at at+ 66+ kinda thing.....cause i swear a lot of players do that....
    ya i do (some players for sure)...

and its just that stealing at a final table doesn't correlate to shoving properly or not heads up....I'd just like to know were not looking at at+ 66+ kinda thing.....cause i swear a lot of players do that....

Some players obv, but I'd say the majority will min-raise, raise normal, or limp with QQ+, not shove. I'd bet money that the least used play with KK and AA in this spot is a shove.

He said he was decently aggressive though, which does correlate to someone's range overall (an aggressive player will be wider in general when doing an aggressive action).

I mean I don't hate folding but I'd generally call if I have any read indicating they might be on the wide side. I'd fold if we have no read or a read that they're tight.
    I'd generally call if I have any read indicating they might be on the wide side. I'd fold if we have no read or a read that they're tight.

+1
  • Trigs....was this the first heads up hand?
    Trigs....was this the first heads up hand?

no, not first hand, but fairly early in heads up. probably tenth hand or so. i didn't think i could find a fold with a pocket pair heads up, but they were only threes.

Hero calls 23,500.00
    Flop: (50200.00, 2 players) Qh Ac 6s
    Turn: (50200.00, 2 players) As
    River: (50200.00, 2 players) Th
    Hero shows 3d 3s (Two Pair, Aces and Threes)
    SB shows 4d 4s (Two Pair, Aces and Fours)
    SB wins 50,200.00
  • trigs wrote: »
    no, not first hand, but fairly early in heads up. probably tenth hand or so. i didn't think i could find a fold with a pocket pair heads up, but they were only threes.

Hero calls 23,500.00
    Flop: (50200.00, 2 players) Qh Ac 6s
    Turn: (50200.00, 2 players) As
    River: (50200.00, 2 players) Th
    Hero shows 3d 3s (Two Pair, Aces and Threes)
    SB shows 4d 4s (Two Pair, Aces and Fours)
    SB wins 50,200.00
    well it certainly wasn't a bad call, and was likey fine.....seeing he had fours would lean me towards a call....
  • thanks for the comments guys. yeah, i didn't think i could fold but i wanted to hear some opinions. just unfortunate he had a pocket pair as well. i ended up losing the heads up battle as well which was disappointing (eventually pushed A8o into JJ), but at least i'm making the right decisions.