Live - 2011 WSOP Event #40 6 Max

Hi guys,

My name is Scott, online handle 'Pokertoronto.' I have lurked this forum (and exchanged a few pms in the past) , but this is my first post. I am looking to reduce my cost/variance in the WSOP $5k 6 max.

I am a former highstakes sng pro from the partypoker (and early FTP) days. As I noticed SNGs 'drying up' I began a transition towards online mtts with some success. ( Click here to check out my cashes in desc order I say 'some' success b/c as you can see, 10 of my top 12 largest cashes were not for gold medal efforts. I am not satisfied with my results and constantly striving to improve.

I have had many deep runs in 6m online tournaments and prefer them over full ring by a large margin. Wednesday is my second fav day of the week to grind online because of the 6m 100rbs, and I have FT'd both multiple times. In the last few months I have a victory in the $162 sunday 6m, runner up in the FTP 6m 100r and 8th in the FTOPs multi entry 6m. Older 6m results include a victory in the sunday 309 rebuy addon on ftp, a runner up in the AP $530, and deep non-FT runs in SCOOP 500r and FTOPs 300r

I have arranged my Pokerstars and FTP OPRs along with my AP pokerdb into a convenient screenshot to save you the trouble of opening multiple tabs or leaving the forum. I am embarrassed to say I fell for the double gt week promotion and over lost 40K paying 4x rake to multitable vs regs in FTP multri entry tournaments (but I did earn Blackcard!)

statsqf.jpg

As for live Poker, I have lived in Vegas the past 3 WSOPs in houses w/ 4 or more notable players so I am no stranger to the Rio/live tournaments. I had a ton of chips throughout the Main Event last year, busting AK < TT in 190th for $49K. I finished 49th in a $5k during the 09 series for $12k. Rented a flat with 2 time WPT winner Randall Flowers and 4 Canadians (including 2 bracelet winners) for 2 weeks in Amsterdam during the Masters Classics & finished 24th in the € 6,000 Main event (I also sold shares to this event, click here to view my 2p2 marketplace package)

If you choose to pay w/ online funds I am charging 1.25 markup. I will accept Pokerstars, Paypal, moneybookers (USD) or Interac email money transfer ( CAD using todays TD easyweb rate 1 CAD = 96 c USD). PM for paypal, moneybookers or Interac info ONLY if you are a reputable member of the community.

2.5% = 156
10% = 620
40% = 2480

My preferred method is cash in Vegas and this is reflected with a more attractive 1.2 markup:

2.5% = 150
10% = 600
40% = 2400

Taxes: I am Canadian and 30% will be withheld until American tax time. It should be manageable for me to pay this out of pocket for most cashes, but in the event of a large cash you may need to be patient until I get my refund. Please note that I will be sending profits online if you bought w/ online funds, and in cash if you bought w/ cash.

References: Notable Toronto players Peter Jetten and Max Greenwood are close friends of mine. I know Ryan Hall from my SNG days and although I have not spoken to him in over a year I am confident he would vouch for my trustworthy reputation. I would assume the same for Mike Mcdonald (timex) and Mike Watson (sirwatts) as I have been at parties / out to dinner with both on multiple occasions, but I have not asked them to endorse this post

Updates will be posted on My Twitter

Thanks for your interest, feel free to post or pm with any questions

Comments

• In 2.5 percent please....

I am coming forward to say that I had a chance to play with Scott last year at Ceasars one night in a crazy fun 1 3 mix game along with him, the Greenwood bros, and Sean Lefort. This is an awesome opportunity.

So like I said I vouch for Scott 100 percent.

EMT will probably work best for me Scott, PM me your email addy.
  • I think Ted's endorsement is equally valid as SirWatts and Timex anyday.

In for 2.5%. Will transfer from P* when I get a chance to later this evening. It will be from GoingGray. I assume you're P* handle is PokerToronto?
  • I am in Vegas can give you cash

5%

twitter me or pm me
    Steven Kerr (SkinnySteve) on Twitter
  • in for 2.5%
  • I'll bite for 2.5 under the condition that you post at least 1 strategy post a month for the next 3 months here!
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I'll bite for 2.5 under the condition that you post at least 1 strategy post a month for the next 3 months here!

Ah shit this already started. Nevermind. GLGL.
  • Damn post earlier next time!
  • actyper wrote: »
    Damn post earlier next time!

You're right.

I had a post that I wrote around noon (when 6m had 470 runners) saying 'Hi guys, really appreciate the confidence but due to turnout I've decided to play the Venetian today instead'

I hit submit and left for the day, but apparently I was not logged in to the forum and my post never make it. Sorry if anyone was confused checking my twitter and not seeing stack updates

Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I'll bite for 2.5 under the condition that you post at least 1 strategy post a month for the next 3 months here!

When things slow down post-WSOP I should be able to drop in the strat forums
  • Shipped via P*

GLGL
  • Hi guys,

This tournament was yesterday and I chose not to play based on a smaller field size than I expected. Im flying home to spend Canada day in Toronto and see the Tragically Hip so I should be able to return the P* funds at that time
  • No problem. Got a bit confused on your earlier post. Blame my age.