Vegas BAP Jan 31 - Feb 4

Heading down to Vegas next week and am planning on playing a couple tournaments while I am there. So I thought I would share some of my action with fellow forum members. There is not much on that week with the exception of the Venetian deepstack, but the biggest tournament is a daily $340. Here are the tournaments I plan to play:

Feb. 1st Venetian $350 ($340 + $10) (noon)

Feb. 3rd Bellagio $540 (2pm)

As previously confirmed, if I can make the Venetian $450 bounty tournament on Jan. 31st at noon, I will substitute this with the Bellagio tournament. Percentages will be updated to reflect the tournament I am playing in.

Total $890, 10% @ $89 or 5% @ $44.50 (USD or CDN)

I will be selling 50% of my action at PAR (1:1) as this is my first BAP. I would like to keep the maximum action at 10% to get more forum members involved. Any payouts will be net of any 30% withholding tax I have to pay. I will send updates on my tournament progress on twitter (pokerjah). Funds can be shipped to 'pokerjah56' on PS. Thanks.

http://www.venetian.com/uploadedFiles/The_Venetian/Content_Blocks/Gaming/Deepstack_Extravaganza/2012_Deep_Stack_I/DeepStackI2012_2.pdf

Reserved:

Betrthanphil 10% (paid)
JohnnieH 5% (paid)
SuitedPair 5% (paid)
Hobbes 5% (paid)
Blackmagicz 5% (paid)
Wolffhound 5% (paid)
Sharantyr 5% (paid)
Deadmoney 5%

Comments

• I'll take 5%

EMT deets please
  • 5%

Is PS ok?
  • I'll take 5%. GL
    Shipped it on Stars to "pokerjah56"
  • 5% please.
  • BAP updated. 10% left if anyone wants it? The Venetian $340s usually get 350+ players so first should be around $25-30kish.
  • Shipped on stars.

Look forward to you joining the Forum Fellowship of the Rings!
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    Shipped on stars.

Look forward to you joining the Forum Fellowship of the Rings!

Thanks, although they give out bracelets at the Venetian..lets just grab the cash!
  • FYi, those Bellagio tournaments get like 15-20 people (if youre lucky) so its more like a sng. Better for the package if you rolled into a couple of the caesars or aria dailies.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    FYi, those Bellagio tournaments get like 15-20 people (if youre lucky) so its more like a sng. Better for the package if you rolled into a couple of the caesars or aria dailies.

AllVegasPoker.com is indicating that they get on average 40 players and since it is a Friday tournament, I expect it to be in this range. I was thinking of playing the Venetian $450 on the day I arrive but it starts at noon and my flight lands at 11:30am. That would be pretty tight.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    AllVegasPoker.com is indicating that they get on average 40 players and since it is a Friday tournament, I expect it to be in this range. I was thinking of playing the Venetian $450 on the day I arrive but it starts at noon and my flight lands at 11:30am. That would be pretty tight.

Allvegas just reports what the poker room tells them so generally it's inflated, sometimes excessively..
  • Just add the v and aria to your twitter or fbook to see a report of the numbers every day.
  • any % left?
  • BAP is now closed. Thank you and I will send frequent updates on Twitter.
  • Shipped on PS
  • The cookies have been shipped. Now bring home some bacon! (Can you tell I'm hungry?)
  • Will try my best to boost the US BAP ROI :)
  • GL and have a good trip!
    Will try my best to boost the US BAP ROI :)

Did you know that you're in Vegas right now?

GL.
  • For those not following my progress on Twitter, here is an update on my tournament results. Was able to make the $450 bounty on Tues when I arrived. Got to the Venetian at 12:06 so only missed 6 mins of the first 40 min blind level.

Couldn't get much going early but was able to maintain an above average stack for the first few levels. I must be the worst bounty player around. Everytime I had a chance to take some out I missed the board. One hand early on I had J10d and flop comes 10 high w two diamonds. I raise and guy pushes and I have him covered. It will cost me about 80% of my stack to call and I put him on a set so I fold.

At the second break, I had 45k in chips which is the average and blinds I think were 500,1000 w 75 ante. I have AQ run into AA on Q high board and one other hand I represent an A w an Ace high flop. Guy calls me all the way to the river with pocket queens. Im down to about 17k and blinds are up to 600,1200. New guy at our table raises first three hands in a row. I get A10s and decide to look him up and he has 1010. I don't hit my ace and am out in 32nd.

After eight hours of poker, I wasn't up for the $330 yesterday and decided to play the $540 at the Bellagio on Friday. I played cash yesterday at Bellagio and asked about the Friday tournament. They told me to expect about 40 players BUT Canadians pay 30% withholding on any winnings, even under $5k. To me it makes no sense to play this tourny with the 30% penalty on all winnings so I will skip it.

I have some commitments tonight so I won't be able to play the $340 today and the $340 on Friday may extend to the Sat, when I leave. The only option is to play a daily tournament on Friday at Venetian if everyone is ok with that and I can refund the difference (will figure it out later when I get back). At least the vbVenetian tournaments don't have withholding under 5k.

I will have internet access starting tonight so will be able to send more updates.

Tbc
    For those not following my progress on Twitter, here is an update on my tournament results. Was able to make the $450 bounty on Tues when I arrived. Got to the Venetian at 12:06 so only missed 6 mins of the first 40 min blind level.

Couldn't get much going early but was able to maintain an above average stack for the first few levels. I must be the worst bounty player around. Everytime I had a chance to take some out I missed the board. One hand early on I had J10d and flop comes 10 high w two diamonds. I raise and guy pushes and I have him covered. It will cost me about 80% of my stack to call and I put him on a set so I fold.

Tbc

Oh boy.

ad8711e3-ffcd-4674-a820-707bfc21e5aa.jpg

At the second break, I had 45k in chips which is the average and blinds I think were 500,1000 w 75 ante. I have AQ run into AA on Q high board

Oh my lord. I'm convinced that you post these things just to get everyone upset.