Final Table $2 - 180

no recognizable regs behind. Can we shove this?

PokerStars - $2.28+$0.22|2500/5000 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4
SB: 56,171.00
BB: 23,136.00
UTG: 58,303.00
Hero (CO): 110,250.00
BTN: 22,140.00
SB posts ante 500.00, BB posts ante 500.00, UTG posts ante 500.00, Hero posts ante 500.00, BTN posts ante 500.00, SB posts SB 2,500.00, BB posts BB 5,000.00

Pre Flop: (pot: 10000.00) Hero has Jclubnormal.gif 8diamondnormal.gif

Comments

• and another one, same game.... Open Shove? R/C? R/F?

PokerStars - $2.28+$0.22|2500/5000 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 3 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4
    BB: 80,334.00
    Hero (BTN): 139,386.00
    SB: 50,280.00
    BB posts ante 500.00, Hero posts ante 500.00, SB posts ante 500.00, SB posts SB 2,500.00, BB posts BB 5,000.00

Pre Flop: (pot: 9000.00) Hero has Aclubnormal.gif 5spadenormal.gif
    Hero ???
  • first one min raise call the sb. Jamming might be okay but not if your gonna get called light i think. Sometimes I'll do it if my image is tight and I want some table control.

2nd one, ill either min fold, or 2.25 x and call the sb. Mostly the former. Sometimes against tight icm regs ill just jam but thats probably rare.
  • 1st hand
    if you think you have FE with the guys with 5 bbs then yea

2nd hand
    shove is fine could make argument to r/f guy with 80k r/c guy with 50k
  • eeetee2011 wrote: »
    1st hand
    if you think you have FE with the guys with 5 bbs then yea

2nd hand
    shove is fine could make argument to r/f guy with 80k r/c guy with 50k

1st hand...Yes def have FE against most randoms and 5bb on FT imo. But this is kinda restating the question?

I'm still unsure about the 2nd hand. I shipped and took it down uncontested, but I think your (& darb's) approach is better. Since they are randoms...
  • I probably jam spot two all day cause raisecalling BB seems akward with the shorter stack unaffected
  • reibs wrote: »
    1st hand...Yes def have FE against most randoms and 5bb on FT imo. But this is kinda restating the question?
    nash has you pushing 60%+, even if sb is loose your okay to jam

HoldemResources.net: Beta ICM Nash Calculator

but I will look for a way to not jam if i can

reibs wrote: »
    I'm still unsure about the 2nd hand. I shipped and took it down uncontested, but I think your (& darb's) approach is better. Since they are randoms...
    definetly don't want to ship here I think, but I'd like to hear higher powers confirm. When we min raise and get jammed on we have to look at the odds and decide, But since we have a5o I think we are dominated so much by a reship range full of strong aces we can fold without making a pot odds mistake (double check this info in case I'm blasphemous).

The idea with regs of course is to bind them with icm by shoving. But most regs play just as tight when you min raise, or almost as tight. The only thing is you will great a dynamic with all your raise folding/raise calling....so just make sure next to you min raise and villain jams that you have aces (so ez game).

The other worry of course is he can widen his 3bet range and use your fold % to push really light....nobody does this.

There are so few regs I'm worried about reshipping light here...usually only the top few and only if i've been picking on them. Keep in mind the top regs play 30+ tables, and don't have to adjust to win.

Also there is one that I would min raise and snap call with A5o.
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I probably jam spot two all day cause raisecalling BB seems akward with the shorter stack unaffected
    I think this is not optimal but I could be wrong cause its my assumption not something I'm fully confident about.