Options

2 ft 2.50 180s

Poker Stars, $2.28 + $0.22 NL Hold'em Tournament, 2,000/4,000 Blinds, 400 Ante, 3 Players

BB: 113,308
BTN: 35,620
JodaB. (SB): 121,072

Pre-Flop: (7,200) 9spadenormal.gif 7clubnormal.gif dealt to JodaB. (SB)
BTN folds, JodaB. raises to 8,000, BB calls 4,000

Flop: (17,200) 8clubnormal.gif 9clubnormal.gif 9heartnormal.gif (2 Players)
JodaB. bets 9,750, BB calls 9,750

Turn: (36,700) Qspadenormal.gif (2 Players)
JodaB. bets 22,000, BB calls 22,000

River: (80,700) 2diamondnormal.gif (2 Players)
JodaB. bets 22,000, BB raises to 73,158 and is All-In, JodaB???

Poker Stars, $2.28 + $0.22 NL Hold'em Tournament, 2,000/4,000 Blinds, 400 Ante, 4 Players

JodaB. (UTG): 95,287
BTN: 93,334
SB: 14,716
BB: 66,663

Pre-Flop: (7,600) 9heartnormal.gif Adiamondnormal.gif dealt to JodaB. (UTG)
JodaB. raises to 8,000, 2 folds, BB calls 4,000

Flop: (19,600) 2heartnormal.gif Aheartnormal.gif Aspadenormal.gif (2 Players)
BB bets 4,000, JodaB. raises to 9,000, BB calls 5,000

Turn: (37,600) Tclubnormal.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, JodaB. JAMS? ???

Comments

• fist pump peanut butter and JAM time!
  • first hands kinda weird but I'm never folding anyways, if he has JT or basically anything that beats us its just a sick cooler, bro.
    2nd hand obv never folding...

edit: misread hand two, bet 1/3 pot and shove the river.
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    first hands kinda weird but I'm never folding anyways, if he has JT or basically anything that beats us its just a sick cooler, bro.
    2nd hand obv never folding...

edit: misread hand two, bet 1/3 pot and shove the river.
    the reason i posted these is its a lot of money with a deep stack to just blindly get in...cev i do it all day....but the reason I ask is because of the payouts.....not saying right or wrong either way...I'm just considering the equity of having a stack....wondering if i should be pot controlling somewhat....

for instance in hand two ...do we bet call the turn? not beating too much...and if he calls and jams a rivered flush...?
  • yeah I know that's why you posted, but I still cannot play these hands any other way in $2.50 180mans with these types of opponents, barring specific reads you have on certain regs you have history with (but here, ur playing vs randoms since no reads posted I assume?)

hand 2: we can def bet/call turn, most villains are capable of jamming here with much worse (flush draws played badly, lotsa pairs, a turned Tx hand that they peel flop with).
  • hand 1 def call BvB, don't really care about payouts, there's a missed FD and he's not slow playing much good stuff on this board texture. Fwiw your river sizing is really bad if you're not snap calling this bet... unless you were trying to induce (which I don't mind here vs. some people), you should be just slamming it when you have <1 PSB otr.

Hand 2 jamming is awful, just bet/call something normalish. You want to get it in vs. the widest range possible, jamming doesn't accomplish that. If he call/jams hearts then soul read depending on what heart it is, not all hearts were created equal.
  • ^^ the like was for all hearts aren't created equal...im using that
    Vekked wrote: »
    there's a missed FD
    that i shoulda said to myself (I mean I called anyways).
    . Fwiw your river sizing is really bad if you're not snap calling this bet... unless you were trying to induce (which I don't mind here vs. some people), you should be just slamming it when you have <1 PSB otr.
    wasn't really trying to induce just felt like any reasonable sized bet pot commits me so then I should jam, but jamming felt wrong on a board like that....so I guess I decided to bet call, cause I can't fold....does that count as inducing...i more just cried and called.
    Hand 2 jamming is awful, just bet/call something normalish. You want to get it in vs. the widest range possible, jamming doesn't accomplish that. If he call/jams hearts then soul read depending on what heart it is, not all hearts were created equal.
    not all hearts being equal will be my Saviour here....i guess just figured If i can end the hand here I can take the game... big pots some stupid sklansky/harrington bs:p

trips over trips final 4/3 twice in one day fun!
  • Hand 1 is a snap call. Villain is unlikely to slow play any 9 on the flop given the draw heavy board. On the turn, should villain have j10, again they are unlikely to just call there. On the river the only hand that makes sense is 22....and if he got there I am paying him off every time....

Hand 2 is a barrel it down. Just bet like 18k-20k which, if called, will make the pot about 77k, with a stack of about 55k or something which will make it a less than pot sized shove on the river.
  • HammerDad wrote: »
    Hand 1 is a snap call. Villain is unlikely to slow play any 9 on the flop given the draw heavy board. On the turn, should villain have j10, again they are unlikely to just call there. On the river the only hand that makes sense is 22....and if he got there I am paying him off every time....

Hand 2 is a barrel it down. Just bet like 18k-20k which, if called, will make the pot about 77k, with a stack of about 55k or something which will make it a less than pot sized shove on the river.
    you lost to trip nines in the first hand and trip aces in the 2nd hand
  • darbday wrote: »
    you lost to trip nines in the first hand and trip aces in the 2nd hand

It happens and it is nothing but a cooler. 3 handed, with trips and about 30bb (hand 1) and 21bb (hand 2) = never folding.

IMO villain in hand 1 played it badly. That board was way too draw heavy to play that passively.

Edit - I am also not the type to look for monsters under the bed. Yes, villains range contains hands that beat us. But we are 3 handed with a monster. If we are playing either of these hands and hit this hard, I can't see how we don't get our chips in. Only other suggestion would be to fold pre if we aren't willing to get it in now.