Options

Floating?

villain is a good reg, better than the average winning reg....likely sees me as an average winning reg with little or no other info...

turn sizing should be more i suppose but i expect a wide cu range, a wide cbet range, and a wide check fold range on the turn. River i have to bet now...missed flush draws etc. and i just make it smaller to be believable and to give me a good price....

Poker Stars, $7.34 + $0.66 NL Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds, 9 Players

MP1: 1,230
MP2: 1,490
CO: 1,470
JodaB. (BTN): 1,800
SB: 1,480
BB: 1,500
UTG: 1,530
UTG+1: 1,500
UTG+2: 1,500

Pre-Flop: (30) Qheartnormal.gif Kheartnormal.gif dealt to JodaB. (BTN)
5 folds, CO raises to 40, JodaB. calls 40, 2 folds

Flop: (110) 2diamondnormal.gif Adiamondnormal.gif 7spadenormal.gif (2 Players)
CO bets 93, JodaB. calls 93

Turn: (296) 3clubnormal.gif (2 Players)
CO checks, JodaB. bets 120, CO calls 120

River: (536) 5spadenormal.gif (2 Players)
CO checks, JodaB. bets 200 ???

Comments

• darbday wrote: »
    villain is a good reg, better than the average winning reg....likely sees me as an average winning reg with little or no other info...

turn sizing should be more i suppose but i expect a wide cu range, a wide cbet range, and a wide check fold range on the turn. River i have to bet now...missed flush draws etc. and i just make it smaller to be believable and to give me a good price....

Poker Stars, $7.34 + $0.66 NL Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds, 9 Players

MP1: 1,230
    MP2: 1,490
    CO: 1,470
    JodaB. (BTN): 1,800
    SB: 1,480
    BB: 1,500
    UTG: 1,530
    UTG+1: 1,500
    UTG+2: 1,500

Pre-Flop: (30) Qheartnormal.gif Kheartnormal.gif dealt to JodaB. (BTN)
    5 folds, CO raises to 40, JodaB. calls 40, 2 folds

Flop: (110) 2diamondnormal.gif Adiamondnormal.gif 7spadenormal.gif (2 Players)
    CO bets 93, JodaB. calls 93

Turn: (296) 3clubnormal.gif (2 Players)
    CO checks, JodaB. bets 120, CO calls 120

River: (536) 5spadenormal.gif (2 Players)
    CO checks, JodaB. bets 200 ???

River bet looks super polarized since you should almost never have a straight in that spot and your sizing is getting called by Ax KK-88 and 7x IMO...and many one pair Ace hands you would be holding would check behind in that spot...in addition he would be checking all of the former hands to induce you with a missed flush draw out there.

I just don't see your line as believable and I see it getting snapped off by everything but missed naked flush draws
  • ... nvm, im a moran
  • I think your turn bet is a bit too small, go half pot imo so you can comfortably shut down river
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    River bet looks super polarized since you should almost never have a straight in that spot and your sizing is getting called by Ax KK-88 and 7x IMO...and many one pair Ace hands you would be holding would check behind in that spot...in addition he would be checking all of the former hands to induce you with a missed flush draw out there.

I just don't see your line as believable and I see it getting snapped off by everything but missed naked flush draws
    combinatorics right!
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I think your turn bet is a bit too small, go half pot imo so you can comfortably shut down river
    i guess i put him on the auto check fold button :confused:
    i guess i put him on the auto check fold button :confused:

I think that's reasonable to put most regs on early in tournaments. I'm not a fan of the float into double barrel here since he's gonna potcontrol the ace a big % of the time and thus I'd rather go a bit bigger on the turn to define the hand a little bit more
  • I'm super impressed/shocked you took the lead on the turn and barrelled the river too.... Probs a bit bigger bluff tho, ^-^ :arghh:
  • How wide do you think hes opening CO pre ante?

Cus I don't think its as wide as I think you think it is...
  • reibs wrote: »
    How wide do you think hes opening CO pre ante?

Cus I don't think its as wide as I think you think it is...
    Do you think I think its wider than I think you think it is?

Attachment not found.
  • Fold flop! lol.....anyone? anyone?
  • turn sizing looks exactly like what it is, a cheap float steal attempt. River is almost never believable because of the runout. You can put a plan in motion but always be aware of the runout. Just dont call a flop with the intention of stealing on turn or river and completely ignore the runout.
    Do you think I think its wider than I think you think it is?

Attachment not found.

I think you probably do... lol

I have to say I didn't think the good regs would be that wide pre ante...

Is that an assumption, or do you have data to back it up? Not saying you're wrong, just curious. In my experience most regs are nitty pre ante. Which is why lots of them have HUD stats that seem nitty overall, even though they are jamming/calling wide late game.

Personally, I'd open CO something like 20% (22+,A2s+,K8s+,QTs+,JTs,T9s,98s,87) I think, with minimal tables going, and less as I increase number of tables. I would like to consider myself a good reg, but that is likely far from the truth... So not sure what that means...
  • good regs would probably be tight here pre
    good regs would probably be tight here pre
    then why do stellar regs tell me to open up my stealing ranges? and how are their stealing ranges 30-40%? Also tight is relative...what do you expect him to be opening?
    Is that an assumption, or do you have data to back it up?
    ya over 1.4 million hands......thats right you just asked me that
    reibs wrote: »
    (22+,A2s+,K8s+,QTs+,JTs,T9s,98s,87)
    in this range you fold ako

edit: also you were comparing this reg to you but his class is one step above mine or yours ( if you said you were above me id believe you)
    ya over 1.4 million hands......thats right you just asked me that

in this range you fold ako

haha i like ur attitude :/

Guess that was a misleading question.... I was just asking if you've checked ranges in ur hh, or just assuming. Anyways, I won't doubt batman anymore haha.

and how on earth did I miss AKo? Ooooooo Copy Paste error. Sry guys.

Lets try again...

20% (22+,A2s+,K8s+,QTs+,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,A8o+,KJo+)
    ( if you said you were above me id believe you)

You can be bluffed this easily? ha.

In case you havent been watchin, my ROI is heading in the wrong direction now that Im playing a decent # of games. :(
    I was just asking if you've checked ranges in ur hh, or just assuming.
    Whats a hh? I dunno but i did spend 4 months reviewing hands almost daily in a stable....

It still seems like your asking me if im just clicking buttons?:confused:>:D^-^:D:bs::):(

Keep in mind, being a very good reg that he is...i expect to play him everyday.
    reibs wrote: »
    20% (22+,A2s+,K8s+,QTs+,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,A8o+,KJo+)
    ya thats your range. expect him to be slightly looser than you maybe, and knowing that im an average reg on the button (therefore tightish), my point is only that mine and your given ranges for him aren't very far off at all.
    You can be bluffed this easily? ha.

In case you havent been watchin, my ROI is heading in the wrong direction now that Im playing a decent # of games. :(
    you should try to find a 180 man player and study with him....preferabley someone who is winning too!!!
  • it's really pointless to steal pre antes. Conserving your stack is so so important early on in 75 BB freezeouts
    it's really pointless to steal pre antes. Conserving your stack is so so important early on in 75 BB freezeouts
    it would honestly help me to give me your perceived range of him, when you guys are right which is usual it helps me...

that being said stealing here is meh...but being in position vs fishy blinds is the nutz
  • I don't know, many regs push the issue waaay too hard early and many regs don't. In stt's a tighter reg would fold A9o and K10o preflop here and open suited connectors only some % of the time because losing 200 chips when you start with 1,5k compared to when you start with 3k fucking sucks

Edit: Given the minbet he's probably a bit wider than some, probably many playable hands looking to play a pot in position. Less small pairs, more suited cards and connectors some broadway and a few nut hands to even it out would be my guess. I don't think that's optimal though, with 3k starting stacks I'd like it A LOT more and with 5k even more

a sidenote is that that's probably the reason people are able to run a much much higher roi from FO's and deepstack events compared to SnG mtt's
    I don't know, many regs push the issue waaay too hard early and many regs don't. In stt's a tighter reg would fold A9o and K10o preflop here and open suited connectors only some % of the time because losing 200 chips when you start with 1,5k compared to when you start with 3k fucking sucks

Edit: Given the minbet he's probably a bit wider than some, probably many playable hands looking to play a pot in position. Less small pairs, more suited cards and connectors some broadway and a few nut hands to even it out would be my guess. I don't think that's optimal though, with 3k starting stacks I'd like it A LOT more and with 5k even more

• costanza wrote: »
    why on earth are you bringing up stt's? ???

less small pairs? are you or anyone ever folding pp's from the CO?

probably never.

some people folds small pair from the cutoff. My point was that his reason for 2xing probably revolves around playing cute hands rather than a tight range, 2xing a tight range from the CO makes no sense at all this early
    My point was that his reason for 2xing probably revolves around playing cute hands rather than a tight range, 2xing a tight range from the CO makes no sense at all this early
    Who's point?

EDIT: also wasn't sure but i think you implied he might be raising different sizes from that position.....2x is his entire range...
  • my point lol, whose else

Anyway, your reasoning is why I would love to see you make it 120-130 something pre
    my point lol, whose else
    :p
    Richard~ wrote: »

Anyway, your reasoning is why I would love to see you make it 120-130 something pre
    how to turn kqs into a bluff ;)
  • not really turning it into a bluff. I guess technically if he 4bets we fold but we could still 3bet for value and initiative
    not really turning it into a bluff. I guess technically if he 4bets we fold
    totally agree, no i don't

Richard~ wrote: »
    but we could still 3bet for value and initiative
    i was actually curious about this, but it didn't seem right, the initiative to me is he is cbets almost every flop

isn't threading fun?
  • I like the line of 3b pre oop fwiw , looks super strong from the bb .....