Options

FT

Poker Stars, $2.28 + $0.22 NL Hold'em Tournament, 2,000/4,000 Blinds, 400 Ante, 8 Players

UTG: 30,420
JodaB. (UTG+1): 71,006
MP1: 17,754
MP2: 5,154
CO: 34,253
BTN: 65,384
SB: 30,743
BB: 15,286

Pre-Flop: (9,200) Aspadenormal.gif Tdiamondnormal.gif dealt to JodaB. (UTG+1)
UTG folds, JodaB. calls 4,000, 3 folds, BTN calls 4,000, SB folds, BB checks

Flop: (17,200) 5diamondnormal.gif 3diamondnormal.gif 9diamondnormal.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, JodaB. bets 8,000, 2 folds

Results: 17,200 Pot
JodaB. showed Aspadenormal.gif Tdiamondnormal.gif and WON 17,200 (+13,200 NET)

Comments

• darbday wrote: »
    Poker Stars, $2.28 + $0.22 NL Hold'em Tournament, 2,000/4,000 Blinds, 400 Ante, 8 Players

UTG: 30,420
    JodaB. (UTG+1): 71,006
    MP1: 17,754
    MP2: 5,154
    CO: 34,253
    BTN: 65,384
    SB: 30,743
    BB: 15,286

Pre-Flop: (9,200) Aspadenormal.gif Tdiamondnormal.gif dealt to JodaB. (UTG+1)
    UTG folds, JodaB. calls 4,000, 3 folds, BTN calls 4,000, SB folds, BB checks

Flop: (17,200) 5diamondnormal.gif 3diamondnormal.gif 9diamondnormal.gif (3 Players)
    BB checks, JodaB. bets 8,000, 2 folds

Results: 17,200 Pot
    JodaB. showed Aspadenormal.gif Tdiamondnormal.gif and WON 17,200 (+13,200 NET)

no like
  • When I first looked at this I went .... Oh no he didn't!?!

But when I think about it I think I can figure out why...

So are you limping here due to stack sizes? I assume you want to get into an all in situation with one of MP1/MP2/BB? And if you min it, then you are committing yourself against some of the middlish stacks....Whereas if you limp, you can prob fold to a shove from those guys.

Not sure about this one...
  • Not sure why you posted this hand. Looks pretty run of the mill to me.
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    Not sure why you posted this hand. Looks pretty run of the mill to me.
    have you been open limping at your ft's ^-^>:D:-\
    GTA Poker wrote: »
    no like
    wwyd?
  • LOL limping here EP

:bs:
  • sigh, and here i thought you were making progress :(
    have you been open limping at your ft's ^-^>:D:-\

wwyd?

I assume you did it due to stack sizes and not table dynamics or player tendencies. Are there some dynamics that we don't know about? I never play these -- where are you at in the level and how long are the levels?

I assume this is not being done to induce, but to try and play it safe wrt medium stacks. I think it's a min raise spot. Letting BB in for free just isn't worth the limp with 9.2k dead in the middle preflop...as always giving yourself more ways to win by raising > playing safe by limping.

What was you plan wrt calling shoves preflop? If you are planning on folding to shoves by 30k stacks, which I am assuming is the purpose of the limp then the limp is even more exploitable than just giving a cheap/free flop. Limping can easily make you fold the best hand. Again, I am wondering if there is/are player(s) with stats/tendencies that you haven't mentioned.
  • sigh, and here i thought you were making progress :(
    wwyyyyyyyyyddddddddddd
  • raise and call anyones all in but buttons lol
    seems fairly standard
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    is even more exploitable
    Exploitable is not a bad thing. In order to play optimally we need to be exploitable. Not saying that justifies this limp, but its not a supporting point against.

Don't need reads here, theres only like 4 or 5 regs I would even consider not doing this against and I'd prob do it anyways.

As for as 'exploitable' and balanced goes, you just need to do this with some monsters....
  • raise and call anyones all in but buttons lol
    seems fairly standard
    not optimal?
    not optimal?

:bs:
  • id rather fold than min raise, hence the limp

edit: fold pre
    id rather fold than min raise, hence the limp

:baffled:
  • :baffled:

pirate face?

So what stacks are you limp folding to?
    pirate face?

^^ reminded me of ....

What's your standard raise? I would think min raise is standard at this level with these stacks.
  • I don't mind experimenting with limping but in this particular spot there's sooo much value in stealing, ESPECIALLY with the blockers. If you're folding this pre I *think* you're playing a bit too tight. I mean it's not absurdly tight to fold here, I likely wouldn't open A9o too often, but I'd open ATo nearly every time, ESPECIALLY at lowstakes FT.

Limping is best when raise/folding is kind of lame. Like maybe if you have 30-40BB on the button with 87s or something and you're getting 3-bet to shit from the blinds. I'm not positive that's a good spot to limp cuz I just never do, but that's the sort of spot where you want to start looking to do it.

Another spot is like 50BB pre-ante in the hijack with 77 vs. a couple very good lags on the CO/button. Raise/shoving is too much vs. someone good enough to not be too exploitable, raise/calling a 3-bet sucks, raise/folding is probably not showing a profit, so limp/calling most raises is probably going to be a decent option, especially if you know which flops to donk bet and such.
    So what stacks are you limp folding to?
    folding to both 30k stacks
    Vekked wrote: »
    I don't mind experimenting with limping but in this particular spot there's sooo much value in stealing, ESPECIALLY with the blockers. If you're folding this pre I *think* you're playing a bit too tight. I mean it's not absurdly tight to fold here, I likely wouldn't open A9o too often, but I'd open ATo nearly every time, ESPECIALLY at lowstakes FT.
    blockers ftw, forgot AT had them....gonna have to relook at the deck (seriously)
    Limping is best when raise/folding is kind of lame. Like maybe if you have 30-40BB on the button with 87s or something and you're getting 3-bet to shit from the blinds. I'm not positive that's a good spot to limp cuz I just never do, but that's the sort of spot where you want to start looking to do it.
    I actually had this question in a hh, had qjs, but again didn`t account that I had blockers....but i tanked because I cringed at the thought of raise folding such a good postflop hand, so I limped...because I have a really lag image by late game and the bb had about 25-30 bbs and was a crusher.

Sick fun is jamming over his pf raise?
    Another spot is like 50BB pre-ante in the hijack with 77 vs. a couple very good lags on the CO/button. Raise/shoving is too much vs. someone good enough to not be too exploitable, raise/calling a 3-bet sucks, raise/folding is probably not showing a profit, so limp/calling most raises is probably going to be a decent option, especially if you know which flops to donk bet and such.
    Damt, I thought I invented this.

I don't like raise calling here as much because I don't really get shoved on by less than pairs and aj...maybe ace ten....for sure lighter hands sometimes but its not my favorite spot because everyone is a nit at this table.

But I think this works well because there are no regs and Ive been running over the ft bubble (its now ft), and people don't know what to think of my open limp after Ive been raising nearly ever hand for the last 30mins.

Limping is pretty much like raising here as the table reacts similarly. I guess I'm not getting value for raise calling but I like the non showdowness.

The other thing is though is that I sometimes come across certain spot where I limp atc because I can't r/f and I don't want to give up my table captain title?