Options

Post flopish

I've been playing out off position a little here and there, this one might be a little much tho

Poker Stars, $2.28 + $0.22 NL Hold'em Tournament, 50/100 Blinds, 8 Players

UTG: 2,465
UTG+1: 1,920
MP1: 4,619
MP2: 1,515
CO: 1,720
BTN: 1,550
SB: 1,320
JodaB. (BB): 1,445

Pre-Flop: (150) 4diamondnormal.gif Qclubnormal.gif dealt to JodaB. (BB)
2 folds, MP1 calls 100, 4 folds, JodaB. checks

Flop: (250) 7clubnormal.gif 6clubnormal.gif 5clubnormal.gif (2 Players)
JodaB. checks, MP1 bets 100, JodaB. calls 100

Turn: (450) 5spadenormal.gif (2 Players)
JodaB. checks, MP1 bets 100, JodaB. calls 100

River: (650) 7heartnormal.gif (2 Players)
JodaB. bets 250

Comments

• It certainly polarizes your hand. You either have it, or you have bupcus.
  • not exactly sure what the question is here
  • lmao is ur brain fried from these turbos or what?:P
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    It certainly polarizes your hand.

I've seen this thrown around a lot in strat threads here, and I think it's being used a bit too loosely... I don't really think this bet is that polarized at all ESPECIALLY with the sizing. I don't really see why you couldn't bet A6 here, or a flush if you somehow got here like that, or pretty much anything. I think it's even less polarized because it really seems like a value bet and not a bluff. I wouldn't consider a bet polarized in this spot unless it was like 600-1150.

Darb, I think you misplayed this hand. With a fair bit of equity/very little clean or good equity (both of your draws are pretty weak) this is a spot you definitely want to take the lead on the flop. Bet 125-150 on the flop, and if he raises probably just fold (definitely fold if it's anything over a min-raise, but maybe fold to the min as well).

If he calls flop bet basically any turn (the only turns I might not bet are like the 4 or 8 of clubs or something where it's super way ahead/way behind. If he raises turn, easy fold.

If he calls turn shove every river that improves your hand to a pair of Q or better (assuming the board run out is such that a pair of Q should be best), not if the runout is 9x/Q, 4x/Q, or Ax/Q or something, but also bluff shove if any ace or king hit on the turn/river and all the draws missed.

There's probably some less obvious bet turn/shove river run outs but it's better to focus on not missing the fist pump ones. The less obvious run outs to shove are basically any run out where there's no 9 or 4 (or club, because if there's a club you're usually value shoving). The reason for this is that a lot of his range is draws, and many of his missed draws beat us at showdown, so it's suuuch a mistake to bet twice and check once OUR draws missed on boards where HIS draws also missed. Nearly any good hand will raises flop or turn, so usually if he calls twice it's an 8 and/or a club the vast majority of the time, therefore we can still shove if the board runs out Tx/Jx, or 2x/Jx type things.
  • glad i asked

jdAA88 wrote: »
    lmao is ur brain fried from these turbos or what?:P
    From turbos?

but seriously as long as we're seeing eye to eye here I'm just glad we're on the same level. ???
  • I don't really like it, river makes it easier for him to call you with A10
  • chase draw chase draw river bricks guess i have to bluff!

is a fairly common theme @ poker tables and villians are adept at sniffing it out

villian is almost certainly calling a high +