450 left in MTT

I have been really focusing on my post bubble play, trying to be more aggressive and accumulate chips in lower risk spots, more often.

In this hand, I have seen this UTG player go all in from EP with pocket pairs. If you have a pretty good indication that it would be a coin flip situation, do you take it here ? Do you gamble and try to chip up ?

PokerStars Hand #78128203690: Tournament #566010496, $10+$1 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XXIV (1200/2400) - 2012/03/31 18:26:29 ET
Table '566010496 271' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: hadzic (104602 in chips)
Seat 2: GeorginoAA (34163 in chips)
Seat 3: djgolfcan (68793 in chips)
Seat 4: Alex be rich (61376 in chips)
Seat 5: MasterIwan (63048 in chips)
Seat 6: Invisible4u (43863 in chips)
Seat 7: Mclonigan (118058 in chips)
Seat 8: Portia song (24393 in chips)
Seat 9: kichupl (59221 in chips)
hadzic: posts the ante 300
GeorginoAA: posts the ante 300
djgolfcan: posts the ante 300
Alex be rich: posts the ante 300
MasterIwan: posts the ante 300
Invisible4u: posts the ante 300
Mclonigan: posts the ante 300
Portia song: posts the ante 300
kichupl: posts the ante 300
Alex be rich: posts small blind 1200
MasterIwan: posts big blind 2400
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to djgolfcan [Qd Kh]
Invisible4u: raises 41163 to 43563 and is all-in
Mclonigan: folds
Portia song: folds
kichupl: folds
hadzic: folds
GeorginoAA: folds
djgolfcan: ??

Comments

• I think 18bbs is to many to call off here with KQ esp from UTG shove
  • instead of asking if you should gamble (not poker) you should change this thread to ...will i gain more chips in the long run? sooooooooo important
  • darbday wrote: »
    instead of asking if you should gamble (not poker) you should change this thread to ...will i gain more chips in the long run? sooooooooo important

That is a better wording. So, will I ?
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    That is a better wording. So, will I ?
    but theres a calculator that does this...and its free ...or you just want me to enter the stacks and blind in for you? ^-^
    but theres a calculator that does this...and its free ...or you just want me to enter the stacks and blind in for you? ^-^

Someone seems to rely on these calculators a little too much. Kq off for 18bb......2/3rd of our stack, he from EP. Its gonna be a fold almost always :D
    Look at that I didnt need no calculator hmmmm
    pokerzzz weird
  • Someone seems to rely on these calculators a little too much. Kq off for 18bb......2/3rd of our stack, he from EP. Its gonna be a fold almost always :D
    Look at that I didnt need no calculator hmmmm
    pokerzzz weird
    seems to me someones relying a little to much on btp:D...folding here is hindsight...if we can figure out why we fold we can build a base that will allow us to answer this question on the fly....

unless you have a non math way to learn this 'feel'.....(which i would dig)
  • Im the exact same as a caculator. You give it info and it gives you an answer....I got the info, my answer is fold! lol
  • I think we are forgetting that devon is holding the boss hand here... ^-^
  • Im the exact same as a caculator. You give it infand it gives you an answer....I got the info, my answer is fold! lol
    Also a good question to ask is what is btp's calling range
    Also a good question to ask is what is btp's calling range
    Kind of tight with these utg 18bb ships.....Prob like AJs plus.....AQos+
    88+.
  • Kind of tight with these utg 18bb ships.....Prob like AJs plus.....AQos+
    88+.
    sounds around right

so if dj is asking about kqo,

then we can assume his actual calling range is around 77+, ATo+, ATs+, KQs

the difference between the two: dj shoves (calls) 77, ATo, AJo, KQs and KQo if he didn't fold it

so KQo is a fairly significant error i'd say as it implies around 52 or so combos we are likely to shove that we shouldn't .

JBX
  • Seriously, I love it when you guys go totally Jedi/math/not math on this stuff. I am not being sarcastic when I say that either. It's a great read, I wish I understood it more, it soaks in a bit more each time. I'm a rock, it takes a while.
  • Easy fold. Why would you want to gamble your chip average stack in this spot? If it's not a coin flip you're heavily dominated
  • ReeferCash wrote: »
    Easy fold. Why would you want to gamble your chip average stack in this spot? If it's not a coin flip you're heavily dominated

this is always true, Ive seen plenty of people shove kjs or qjs here