Favorite player survey

Let's try out this poll feature.

Comments

• Howard has my vote. He's got a good head on his shoulders...and he's made a world class player out of his sister too. He's not about "image" like DevilFish or Nguyen...he's not out to prove anything...just seems like a great guy...tied with Ivey IMO.
  • I've got to vote for my namesake here, although the (other) professor is cool too. I guess I forgot Ivey on the poll... probably many more choices should have been there too :)
  • I have to go with Chan..He just looks like he is at home on the table.. 8)
  • I voted for Lederer based on skills but if we'll talking about style and flair and pure entertainment value, I'd go with Farha. The guy's a pimp.
  • I have a few favourite players, 3 in fact.
    Some of you know these kids but most of you won't.
    Erik Sagstrom, aka Erik123 and KingofDing, will be known to everyone in two years, by then poker will be massive and all over the place, and this 20 year old 6 foot Swede, will be taking over the poker world.
    My two other favourites both kids from Finland, one everyone saw on the WPT battle of Champions, Juha Helppi. This guy really is the shit, let me tell you from experience, just runs over tables, is absolutely fearless and is the best player i've ever seen at coming over the top and pushing people off hands. That Battle where Ron Rose took him out was his, just no luck when it mattered.
    Last Finnish kid is Ilari Sohamies, nobody's heard of this kid, unless you play outside of North America. This guy is the only guy Ive seen who gets away with playing more hands than Alan Goering or Gus Hansen.
    I can't think of an appropriate word to descibe his play, but super aggressive and fearless do nothing to begin to explain his game.
    He is also only 20 yrs old as of now.
    Not sure if anyone follows poker close to as much as I do, but if you do you too will already know that in a few short years the game will be dominated by young Scandinavian kids. They have given up on skiing and hockey over there, all the smart kids have turned to poker.

They are all rich as hell for young kids and have logged tons of hours at online high limit games. Howard Lederer actually posted a great report on Erik Sagstrom almost a year ago now, about how once he turns 21 he will take over Vegas. Many of these young kids will soon be 21, and once a few of them start to clean up on American soil, the rest will follow.
    Thats what I think at least.
    Kevin
  • Wow. :shock: Thanks for the info I'll be keeping my eyes open for these guys. Makes me wonder what the hell I was doing in my late teens/early twenty's, I could have been preparing to take over the (poker) world. :lol:
  • Funny how many voted Howard Lederer got. Is it becasue of his quiet, polite(dare I say Canadian) style? I like his sister too.
  • Scotty all the way baby! :D
  • I gotta say TJ Clouiter. He's won so much in his career, very well liked , and he just looks to be a great guy from all the times i've seen him play. He's a former CFLer, and one of the last old guys that is still at the top of the poker world, What's not to like about this guy??
  • Scotty Nguyen, followed by Johnny Chan!
  • I like Phil Ivey, myself. Surprised that he wasn't on the list. His staredown is intense! It seems like he's always got a pretty good read on all his opponents.
  • Hellmuth, Ivey, T.J. all should definately be on the list.
    Vahedi should not be on any list! He is the worst. Watch the last five hands he plays before exiting last years WSOP final.....Poor, poor, poor ...
    Anyone else notice this?