CHING HILL takes Second in Royal Cup III

We went in with a plan....TO DOMINATE! And for the most part, we DID!

The CHING HILL TEAM, consisting of myself, Chris, Eleanor, Derek, Garry, Amanda, Dan, and BusDriver, took second place in yesterday's Royal Cup event held in Kitchener.

For the most part, we all played extremely well in all the events, except the No Limit event, where some serious beats early in the game sidelined half our team. Still, at the end of the first round (Omaha and Stud), we were in third position. By the end of the Limit round, we were First overall. But after the No Limit, we found we had slipped back to fourth, and needed a real good Heads Up round to get back in the race.

Heads Up gave the winning team 10 points every match, and The Hill dominated this event, taking 6 out of 8 heads up matches!!! The most spectacular of which had to be Dan's game against Mark (DrTyore). Dan was short stacked most of the game, but his perseverance finally paid off and he took the match after almost an hour of heads up play.

With our great showing in the Heads Up round, we were able to take second place at the event, only 4 points behind the winning team, Waterloo.

Jeff and Garry split the Team MVP honors, both collecting 34points each. This is Jeff's second time to make the MVP list. Congratulations guys, you took the team to the top!!

I personally want to thank all the team members for participating in this event. You guys did great, and I'm sure you had a blast as well. I had a great time, even though I my play didn't help support us that much. You should all be proud of your accomplishments! Thanks for making The Hill the team to beat!

Thanks to Amanda for finally providing The Hill with Team Shirts!! They look great, and we all wore them with pride!!!

Alot of pics were taken during the day, and I'm sure they will be posted soon.

Comments

• Congrats Ching Hill!
  • way to go guys, that is awesome
  • Here are some pics from the event:

ryder_mario.jpg

ryder_garryderekaj.jpg

ryder_elbus.jpg

ryder_danbus.jpg

ryder_chris.jpg

ryder_amandaeleanor.jpg

ryder_amandabus.jpg

And best of all, the team photo, courtesy of Acid Joe's photographic stylings....

ryder_team.jpg
  • ElElliott wrote: »
    Here are some pics from the event:

ryder_team.jpg

This is how Drtyore saw things all day.
  • ROFL...and yet, we ALL knew exactly how this pic would turn out!! ;)
  • the team photo, as viewed by Herr Wolffenstein....

ryder_team.jpg
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    the team photo, as viewed by Herr Wolffenstein....

ryder_team.jpg

You guys never looked so good.
  • I had a great time. The team played great and it was alot of fun, especially giving it to Mark. Thats a great pic El, it was hilarious watching Joe trying to take it. This one is much better, well a little less blurry and since its the nipple shot.... Jeff. ;)
    I can't wait till August when the Hill will take it down!
  • I had a great time. The team played great and it was alot of fun, especially giving it to Mark. Thats a great pic El, it was hilarious watching Joe trying to take it. This one is much better, well a little less blurry and since its the nipple shot.... Jeff. ;)
    I can't wait till August when the Hill will take it down!

Dan you are my MVP when you were playing Mark and you both went all-in he had the flush and you had the trip 3's.

The HBK's started going nuts and all you did was put out your hand like you knew the full house was coming and then the board came 6.....6.

Then Jeff starts say" That's how we do it at Ching Hill" and "In Ching Hill we wait until we see all 5 cards"

Don't mess with Dan people....he can see the future.
  • It was a great game by all. Good show guys. Very impressive H/U round!!!
  • My top moments of Royal Cup III in no particular order:

Jeff gets quads to take the high hand jackpot
    Eleanor hits quad Aces to take another high hand jackpot
    Watching AJ at one of the tables dealing flipaments (AJ you need to learn how to stack the deck...lol)
    Dan's heads up win over Mark (Dan that story is gonna be told for many Royal Cups to come)
    Ching Hill going 6 for 8 in heads up matches
    Watching Joe trying to take our picture at the end of the night
    Meeting a tonne of really nice people

This last one should probably go under most embarrassing but...
    AJ I really did think that was the 3 of diamonds, I really should play online poker without the 4 colour deck...lol

This was an amazing event and I'm really looking forward to RCIV...I think we can take it next time "cheers:

Garry
  • garryc wrote: »
    I really did think that was the 3 of diamonds, I really should play online poker without the 4 colour deck...lol
    was that the heads up omaha hand? i said i was gonna post it but i forgot...
  • pkrfce9

Ya that was the last heads up PLO hand, my only excuse is this was my first Ryder Cup and the first time I've PLO live and was a bit nervous having everyone standing behind me :redface:

It was a pleasure to meet you btw

Garry
  • I saw your hand...and when you said POT, I thought you were making a move for the pot. When you were called though, and you said Flush Draw, I went ... WAAAAAAAA?? Dude, you are soooo not drawing here! I couldn't believe you misread your hand like that.

4 Colour decks are from Satan, Garry!!
  • I like 4 colour decks. The hand was against me.

I believe you had 2 clubs, 1 heart, 1 diamond.

Board had 1 club, 2 diamonds. You said flush draw, and I am like, "Whaa? Runner, runner flush draw?"

It was a funny end to a good sng.