PLO - What to do here?

I really hate betting big with 2 Page Ranking, but I felt I had the better hand at this point and really was trying to just end the hand on the flop. Instead he calls (presumably on a flush or straight draw). The turn brings a card that doesn't really complete any draw, and at this point his best hand is a better 2 pair, or a set. Not much of a read yet, though the player has been calling down with almost any pair on scary boards.

PokerStars Game #19031793938: Omaha Pot Limit ($0.10/$0.25) - 2008/07/23 - 00:58:59 (ET)
Table 'Dresda II' 6-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 3: closemaster ($12.65 in chips)
Seat 6: Sioux City2 ($10.25 in chips)
Sioux City2: posts small blind $0.10
closemaster: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to closemaster
Sioux City2: raises $0.50 to $0.75
closemaster: calls $0.50
*** FLOP *** [6d Kd 8h]
closemaster: checks
Sioux City2: bets $1.45
closemaster: raises $4.35 to $5.80
Sioux City2: calls $4.35
*** TURN *** [6d Kd 8h] [Jh]

What do you do here? (Results below in white)
closemaster: bets $4.50
Sioux City2: calls $3.70 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($0.80) returned to closemaster
*** RIVER *** [6d Kd 8h Jh] [9h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
closemaster: shows
(a straight, Nine to King)
Sioux City2: shows [9c 7h Ah 9s] (a flush, Ace high)
Sioux City2 collected $19.55 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $20.50 | Rake $0.95
Board [6d Kd 8h Jh 9h]
Seat 3: closemaster (big blind) showed and lost with a straight, Nine to King
Seat 6: Sioux City2 (button) (small blind) showed [9c 7h Ah 9s] and won ($19.55) with a flush, Ace high

Comments

• On the flop Id think your top 2 are good, since he only calls your check raise. If he had a set there he'd more than likely reraise. Hes prob on a straight draw and maybe has 2 pair himself also.
    The turn doesnt seem too threatening because he didnt make his straight, so Id still fire out a pot sized bet there and even if he raises, Id call. Youve got 2 pair and an open ended straight draw.
    The river in omaha always changes everything though so I dont know what Id do then. If I was only left with my 2 pair still at river, Id check. If no flush or straight comes for him I might call a mid sized bet.

ok now reading the results Id prob do the same as you did, especially considering how much the guy had left. Guy got lucky on the river. Only thing I mighta done diff is the check raise on flop, but thats cause I rarely ever check raise in omaha unless its the nuts on the turn or something. Just cause I never want to risk giving a free card if he checks behind.
  • Looks like youve gotten yourself in pretty deep here.

1) You're getting looked up if you push.
    2) If you check and he pots/half pots you have to call.

Folding is not really an option b/c youre getting almost 3-1 with 10 outs (non heart 9/A, any 8, ank K) to the likely winner if he shoves.

So check or bet? It doesnt really matter at this point because you're both in so deep all the money is gonna go in.

That said, I probably push here because I'm bad at poker.
  • With the amount of $ left that you guys have, all your $ should be going in on the turn.
  • This hand shows how terrible players are at Omaha.

OESD + BDFD = FOLD for villian.

Originally, I was going to say that there were two ways to play it. Fast and hard by reraising the flop like you did.. or just calling the flop and controlling the pot. You are both so shortstacked that I wouldn't bother doing the latter.
  • heads up against a baaaaaaaaad player. ha ha.

you have a reasonable hand and a short stack. what was the question again?

just make sure you always have him covered. i would have preferred to lead at the flop and hope he wants to raise so you can jam.