Flop Nut Low But...

Game ins on Cryptos, small buy in ($25 max) but average pot about $25-30 as many maniacs and drunks are playing. I flop the nut low but have no backup and absolutely no high draw.

I think this is the correct fold but I admit I am not totally sure EV wise :P

Normally I raise this preflop but most hands were passive 6-8 ways pre flop and crazy post flop so when that happens I just wait and see.

Table "Hotpocket" Seat 8 is the button.
Seat 1: Goldfish1 ($19.25 in chips)
Seat 2: narkoman ($22.10 in chips)
Seat 3: xallinx ($47.92 in chips)
Seat 4: mrhiltza ($7.85 in chips)
Seat 5: Monteroy ($35.15 in chips)
Seat 6: MDHPOKER ($4.08 in chips)
Seat 7: razzita ($5 in chips)
Seat 8: bambaclat ($27.71 in chips)
Seat 9: Jamsh0706 ($13.30 in chips)
Seat 10: Seliberer ($25 in chips)
Jamsh0706: posts small blind $0.15
Seliberer: posts big blind $0.25
razzita: posts big blind $0.25
HOLE CARDS
dealt to Monteroy[9c 3s 2s As]
Goldfish1: folds
narkoman: calls $0.25
xallinx: calls $0.25
mrhiltza: folds
Monteroy: calls $0.25
MDHPOKER: calls $0.25
razzita: checks
bambaclat: folds
Jamsh0706: calls $0.10
Seliberer: checks
FLOP
[2c 6c 7h]
Jamsh0706: bets $1.75
Seliberer: folds
narkoman: raises to $7
xallinx: calls $7
Monteroy: folds
MDHPOKER: is all-in $3.83
razzita: folds
Jamsh0706: calls $5.25
TURN
[2c 6c 7h][7d]
Jamsh0706: checks
narkoman: bets $14.85 and is all-in
xallinx: calls $14.85
Jamsh0706: is all-in $6.05
RIVER
[2c 6c 7h 7d][8s]
SHOW DOWN
narkoman: shows [3h Ks Jh Ad] (HI: A Pair of Sevens, Ace high, LO: 7,6,3,2,A)
xallinx: shows [6s Ac 3c Kh] (HI: Two Pairs, Sevens and Sixes, Ace high, LO: 8,7,3,2,A)
MDHPOKER: shows [Kd 3d Ah 9d] (HI: A Pair of Sevens, Ace high, LO: 7,6,3,2,A)
Jamsh0706: shows [4c 2h Kc 2d] (HI: A Full House, Twos full of Sevens, LO: 8,7,6,4,2)

narkoman collected $4.21 from Side pot #2
xallinx collected $4.20 from Side pot #2
xallinx collected $8.42 from Side pot #2
narkoman collected $6.57 from Side pot #1
xallinx collected $6.57 from Side pot #1
Jamsh0706 collected $13.14 from Side pot #1
narkoman collected $2.71 from Main pot
xallinx collected $2.70 from Main pot
MDHPOKER collected $2.70 from Main pot
Jamsh0706 collected $8.11 from Main pot

Comments

• Raising and betting with only the nut low is a -EV play in multi-way pots.

With that much action before you get to act means (usually) some one else has the nut low as well. In Hi/Lo games people tend to limp with low cards.

With your hand you have no counterfeit protection (another wheel card) with you hand and no chance of winning the high. Getting all you money in with only the nut low (or nut low draw) in PLOH/L is one of the fastest ways to go broke.

The correct move here is to fold. PLOH/L is a game of scoops, and with your hand you have no chance to scoop (unless you hit some miracle cards 2-2 or something)
  • The lack of low protection is what did it for me, because part of what made this tempting was that post flop 5 and 6 way all ins were fairly common at this table, so there was a pretty good chance a couple of people were playing flush draws (any flush draw) straight draws, two pairs, you name it, and I might end up ahead even splitting a low draw (depending on which other player had A3).

A more interesting situation would have been a 764 flop with A23 (and no high draw of value) in that same spot with 5 or 6 expected to go all in. I think a call is worthwhile as even if it remains that A2 is the nut low the chances are that an A or a 2 make it a lot better for me.
  • Monteroy wrote: »
    The lack of low protection is what did it for me, because part of what made this tempting was that post flop 5 and 6 way all ins were fairly common at this table, so there was a pretty good chance a couple of people were playing flush draws (any flush draw) straight draws, two pairs, you name it, and I might end up ahead even splitting a low draw (depending on which other player had A3).

A more interesting situation would have been a 764 flop with A23 (and no high draw of value) in that same spot with 5 or 6 expected to go all in. I think a call is worthwhile as even if it remains that A2 is the nut low the chances are that an A or a 2 make it a lot better for me.

Agreed, with A-2-3 on the board is 7-6-4 this would be a better spot to go, and then you are looking for a 5 of high card to hit on the turn. This would totally protect you hand with no chance of losing the low. An Ace on the river would be good to just to ensure that you have the low busting all the A-2, A-3 lows as well.

I got to make a note not to play PLOH/L with you….in a hand like that and I have the high I want every one putting all their money in with only the low.
  • xallinx: shows [6s Ac 3c Kh] (HI: Two Pairs, Sevens and Sixes, Ace high, LO: 8,7,3,2,A)

wtf? WHY is his low different?
  • moose wrote: »

Yeah... software bug! But he did get his portion of the pot!
  • moose wrote: »
    online poker is rigged ldo
  • Yeah... software bug! But he did get his portion of the pot!

Stupid bug too.. Looks like the logic that states "Only Two Cards maybe used from a hand" goes and prevents the 6 from the board for being used because the 6 is in his hand.

Someone should teach that programmer that there's this thing called suits.