A Drunken Brit Omaha High Hand

Relatively small stakes, but these guys are so wild and bad post flop that I tend to just wait and get it in when way ahead with a huge edge when these games ($25 buy in average pots 20-40) take place.

I found myself in a strange spot preflop with a hand that will play fairly well multi way but it really depends quite a bit on whether the flush draws are live or not. If both are (as was the case here ) then it is a fairly easy EV play, if both are not then its a bad spot. If one is it is slightly -EV.

Results aside, I am just wondering if I am missing opportunities by sticking with mainly a post flop game against these maniacs (example I won a $90 pot a short time later with a flopped nut flush when two guys called all the way with 2 pair and a straight).

I am kind of annoyed at my fold in a way, even though I would have lost the hand, but I think I got trapped in the post flop play mentality. I am wondering what some of the other Omaha players would do in this spot and these game conditions. My plan for the hand was limp then call eatmysets raise as he was raising every hand, and then see a flop 5-7 ways cheap and go from there. The re-raise was definitely an AAxx hand, but I wasnt sure there were multiple ones out there.

Game #7853825724: Omaha PL ($0.15/$0.25) - 2008/09/26 - 15:36:20 (UK)
Table "Tasmania" Seat 9 is the button.
Seat 1: WiltTilt ($27.45 in chips)
Seat 2: revo83 ($11.15 in chips)
Seat 3: Houseman ($7.20 in chips)
Seat 4: devill ($22.21 in chips)
Seat 5: imANass2 ($8.10 in chips)
Seat 6: Monteroy ($31.33 in chips)
Seat 7: canardo2 ($52.82 in chips)
Seat 8: eatmyset ($12 in chips)
Seat 9: poseidon3 ($6.30 in chips)
Seat 10: keppp ($17.44 in chips)
keppp: posts small blind $0.15
WiltTilt: posts big blind $0.25
revo83: posts big blind $0.25
HOLE CARDS
dealt to Monteroy [Jc 9h Kh Tc]
revo83: checks
Houseman: folds
devill: calls $0.25
imANass2: folds
Monteroy: calls $0.25
canardo2: folds
eatmyset: raises to $1.65
poseidon3: folds
keppp: calls $1.50
WiltTilt: folds
revo83: calls $1.40
devill: raises to $8.75
Monteroy: folds
eatmyset: raises to $12 and is all-in
keppp: raises to $17.44 and is all-in
revo83: is all-in $9.50
devill: calls $8.69
FLOP
[2c 6d 2d]
TURN
[2c 6d 2d][2s]
RIVER
[2c 6d 2d 2s][Qc]
SHOW DOWN
keppp: shows [Kd 9s Td Ks] (A Full House, Twos full of Kings)
revo83: shows [7c 8s 7h 4h] (A Full House, Twos full of Sevens)
devill: shows [Ah 4s Kc Ad] (A Full House, Twos full of Aces)
eatmyset: shows [As Ac 6h 7s] (A Full House, Twos full of Aces)
devill collected $10.34 from Side pot #2
devill collected $1.21 from Side pot #1
eatmyset collected $1.21 from Side pot #1
devill collected $21.43 from Main pot
eatmyset collected $21.42 from Main pot

Comments

• When I find one of those tables, I fold there every time. There's normally easy money when you hit after flop, I don't like to gamble preflop here.
  • I am kind of annoyed at my fold in a way,

Nah, I like it.. All that action makes me believe all the big cards are in peoples hands and a wrap hand like that is only good when you can do something postflop..

A jack high flush against multiple players is likely worth zero.. Maybe 10-20%. Your King high flush is probably worth about 60-75% of value.. so you can probably treat that like a hand that has a one-way flush draw.. I dont think you'd consider playing a one-way flush wrapish hand for all-in preflop.

Thread HIJack: Do they have range calculators for Omaha like they do for Holdem? That like %chance of my flush being good actually sounds like an interesting idea to further research..