Can/Should I be able to get away from this?

Villain and me had been playing back at each other hard throughout this session, then this happened.

*********** # 1 **************
PokerStars Game #27592449899: Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05) - 2009/04/28 13:50:58 ET
Table 'Marina' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: mrmoomoo ($15.16 in chips)
Seat 2: JaySastre ($11.41 in chips)
Seat 3: Defazze ($4.76 in chips)
Seat 4: Quinner777 ($10.97 in chips)
Seat 6: Stanley34 ($5.46 in chips)
pokipoki089 will be allowed to play after the button
pokipoki089 was removed from the table for failing to post
Stanley34: posts small blind $0.02
mrmoomoo: posts big blind $0.05
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Quinner777 [9h Qd]
JaySastre: folds
Defazze: folds
Quinner777: raises $0.15 to $0.20
Stanley34: folds
mrmoomoo: calls $0.15
*** FLOP *** [Kc Jh 2d]
mrmoomoo: checks
Quinner777: checks
*** TURN *** [Kc Jh 2d]
Quinner777: bets $0.40
mrmoomoo: calls $0.40
*** RIVER *** [Kc Jh 2d Td] [4c]
Moinho18 joins the table at seat #5
Quinner777: bets $1
mrmoomoo: raises $13.56 to $14.56 and is all-in
Quinner777: calls $9.37 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($4.19) returned to mrmoomoo
*** SHOW DOWN ***
mrmoomoo: shows [Qc As] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
Quinner777: mucks hand
mrmoomoo collected $20.91 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $21.96 | Rake $1.05
Board [Kc Jh 2d Td 4c]
Seat 1: mrmoomoo (big blind) showed [Qc As] and won ($20.91) with a straight, Ten to Ace
Seat 2: JaySastre folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Defazze folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Quinner777 (button) mucked [9h Qd]
Seat 6: Stanley34 (small blind) folded before Flop

Clearly the only hand he can have to beat me is AQ and considering he just overbet shoved I thought he was just making a play at me. Seriously the only thing he can expect to get paid off by here....is exactly what I had.....SO FRUSTRATING. He makes a dumb ass shove and I donk call thinking I've got the best of it. Efff. Back to shitty bankroll again.

Edit: I'm probably even folding trips to this shove just in case, but I just couldn't fold the second nuts.

Comments

• What are you trying to do here with your PF play?

If the purpose is to exploit your position than you have to bet that flop every time. If he bets the flop are you folding, or CRing?

As played - you cant fold.

Also - I dont mind the overbet shove by villain here. You'll get looked up often enough by hands far worse than yours to make it profitable, because people are thinking exactly what you did.
  • Folding 2nd nuts is pretty hard unless you had some strong reads on the player. If your question is could you fold to his shove on the river, I'd say no.
  • Based on action if you fold this you should quit poker....
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    What are you trying to do here with your PF play?

If the purpose is to exploit your position than you have to bet that flop every time. If he bets the flop are you folding, or CRing?

As played - you cant fold.

Also - I dont mind the overbet shove by villain here. You'll get looked up often enough by hands far worse than yours to make it profitable, because people are thinking exactly what you did.

The reason I didn't bet the flop this time is because I do bet flops with air ALOT, so every once in awhile I like to check with good and bad hands to mix it up a little. I suppose I could bet every flop that comes out like this, but it seems like such an easy check raise bluff spot for anyone who realizes that I can't possibly hit every flop. Then if I have nothing I'm forced to lay it down. Giving away my opponent my chips.

And also, you really think people will look this up with less than trips?? Why?
  • Based on action if you fold this you should quit poker....

This is good to hear lol I all but insta-called. Then I cried.
  • Quinner wrote: »
    The reason I didn't bet the flop this time is because I do bet flops with air ALOT, so every once in awhile I like to check with good and bad hands to mix it up a little. I suppose I could bet every flop that comes out like this, but it seems like such an easy check raise bluff spot for anyone who realizes that I can't possibly hit every flop. Then if I have nothing I'm forced to lay it down. Giving away my opponent my chips.

And also, you really think people will look this up with less than trips?? Why?

Based on the above you have a major leak. If you're going to raise with Q9 in position and check fold you spew.

Also, you'll get looked up here by KJ, K10, J10 and AK more often than people will fold this. Why? because I has 2 pairs - I call.

/post. This should not be a strat post. Move to BBV.