Pot control or push

So...after the flop here..I have the nuts..but, there are a lot of draws there...is this a spot I should be controlling the pot size or making him pay dearly for missing? I mean..it is only a straight...with flush draw on board..and obviously...if any board pair comes..

We know hindsight he got in the tourney by accident, but he could have easily had the two hearts and/or a set already..

Full Tilt Poker Game #12276854842: $11 + $1 Sit & Go (Turbo) (91711289), Table 1 - 15/30 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 16:35:21 ET - 2009/05/17
Seat 1: i-am-hamm (1,290)
Seat 2: GutzyCaLL (1,770)
Seat 3: Inobracs (1,500)
Seat 4: Protein Sky (1,500)
Seat 5: Bcboy72 (1,500)
Seat 6: modemm17 (1,440)
GutzyCaLL posts the small blind of 15
Inobracs posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Bcboy72 [Ah 2s Ks Kc]
Protein Sky calls 30
Bcboy72 raises to 135
modemm17 folds
i-am-hamm raises to 240
GutzyCaLL folds
Inobracs folds
Protein Sky folds
Bcboy72 calls 105
*** FLOP *** [Jd Th Qh]
Bcboy72 bets 555
i-am-hamm calls 555
*** TURN *** [Jd Th Qh] [9s]
Bcboy72 bets 705, and is all in
i-am-hamm calls 495, and is all in
Bcboy72 shows [Ah 2s Ks Kc]
i-am-hamm shows [Jc 5d 5h 8c]
Uncalled bet of 210 returned to Bcboy72
*** RIVER *** [Jd Th Qh 9s] [7s]
Bcboy72 shows a straight, Ace high
i-am-hamm shows a straight, Queen high
Bcboy72 wins the pot (2,655) with a straight, Ace high
i-am-hamm stands up

Seat 1: i-am-hamm (button) showed [Jc 5d 5h 8c] and lost with a straight, Queen high

Comments

• I think you played it well.... maybe a slightly smaller bet on the flop, then any non-scary card make him pay... anything else and you can slow down or reasses the situation.
  • What if we know they are chasing regardless of odds? I knew he would play it all once I saw that he didn't even want to be there...which is why I am asking..are they weighed that much against me that I should be trying to check it to the river..or is that just stupid thinking..lol

8 hearts, 8 for board pairs, one more for quads..so 17 outs plus 3 more outs after the turn if it doesn't hit there..this is providing of course, he had the set and flush draw...This is a draw for omaha that we should be shoving also if we are on the other side then it appears..
  • The only really hands that someone could be drawing to are a flush or a boat. You have the best possible stright so why not get it in. The raising preflop should suggest he may call weak (which is what you want). If you get sucked out, so bet it, but even if he had both the flush and the boat draws I would think hes still behind. If they want to call an almost pot sized bet to see another card, if it is anything but that get it in there.
  • Shallow money and the nuts out of position, just get it in. He won't believe you have AKxx here, and will call with most reasonable holdings (2 pair+straight draws, flush draws, etc). Make him pay to out draw you.
  • I repot preflop when the action gets back to you -- it is unlikely he is holding AA as you are holding one of them and KK plays well against his range heads-up if you exclude AA from it. You are holding pretty bad kings but in a tourney this is a good spot to try and get it in the middle preflop.

On the flop/turn you are holding the ace of hearts so that takes away a flush draw out and makes it less likely he is on a flush draw, so get it in anyway you can.

As it turns out he is just clueless.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I repot preflop when the action gets back to you

Good catch, I forgot to check the stack sizes preflop. Too much cash game PLO for me where repotting KKxx against tight, sane opponents is suicide.
    As it turns out he is just clueless.

As they often are :)