This is why I find it hard to fold...

If opponents weren't THIS dumb I think playing poker would just be a matter of leveling, "is he bluffing this spot or not??" No no no, the real hero's are us MICRO stakes player's, sure there's less levelling (in fact alomst none) BUT we have to figure out if our opponents are dumb enough to be calling an utg raise with Q2s and then ridiculously over valuing their hands. Basically he's playing this like a bluff, but I honestly think he thought he's just playing top pair this way and is not thinking about what my hand could possibly be whatsoever.

PokerStars Game #28702766611: Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05) - 2009/05/27 23:21:40 ET
Table 'Aspasia V' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: check-one-21 ($4.22 in chips)
Seat 2: Quinner777 ($9.48 in chips)
Seat 3: gocubs914 ($5.41 in chips)
Seat 4: ONT1LT ($8.62 in chips)
Seat 5: stasik82 ($4.42 in chips)
Seat 6: sarduspater2 ($3 in chips)
sarduspater2: posts small blind $0.02
check-one-21: posts big blind $0.05
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Quinner777 [Qh Kd]
Quinner777: raises $0.15 to $0.20
gocubs914: folds
ONT1LT: folds
stasik82: calls $0.20
sarduspater2: folds
check-one-21: folds
*** FLOP *** [Jh Qc 4h]
Quinner777: bets $0.30
stasik82: raises $0.30 to $0.60
check-one-21 leaves the table
Quinner777: calls $0.30
*** TURN *** [Jh Qc 4h] [7d]
Quinner777: checks
stasik82: bets $1
Quinner777: calls $1
*** RIVER *** [Jh Qc 4h 7d] [8s]
Quinner777: checks
stasik82: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Quinner777: shows [Qh Kd] (a pair of Queens)
stasik82: mucks hand
Quinner777 collected $3.52 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $3.67 | Rake $0.15
Board [Jh Qc 4h 7d 8s]
Seat 1: check-one-21 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: Quinner777 showed [Qh Kd] and won ($3.52) with a pair of Queens
Seat 3: gocubs914 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: ONT1LT folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: stasik82 (button) mucked [2s Qs]
Seat 6: sarduspater2 (small blind) folded before Flop

In this hand all I'm scared of is QJ and if he fired a decent sized third bullet on the river I think I would have had to find a fold. The turn bet scared me enough!!

Comments

• PS you probably can't tell over the interweb but there is a HINT of sarcasm in this post :P

I really want to start making some real monies at this game.....I suck at patience!!
  • Quinner wrote: »
    .....I suck at patience!!

You better learn to love it, Quinner! Don't rush it. And for the love of God, use proper bankroll management before moving up levels. SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT detail if you ask me, and not nearly enough is written on it.

With regards to your hand, KQo in UTG or EP should not be a hand you want to get involved with too often. Its much too vulnerable, and with so many to act behind you, you are more likely than not beaten by anyone who calls. Just ask yourself, what would call a raise from EP? Most likely 88+, AJs+, and AQo+...and they all beat you right now.

If you're going to play KQo, do so in position and put pressure on the blinds.

I just can't believe villian LOST with Q2s...never happen on The Hill!
  • I played a hand of 5/10 nl live last night. It was a limped in pot, flop was Q85 and I led out for $40 and got called in two spots. The turn was a jack, and I bet $105 and got called twice. The river was a queen, no flush draw, and I bet $210 and got raised to $500. He had Q2.

Your opponents play wasn't really that terrible. Nothing compared to what I see all day every day. He flopped top pair and called two bets. What's the big deal? I see people take flops for 15 big bets with 57s - and I'm not talking about pennies here. That's poker.

He was definitely paying you off on the river.