4 seated.

There's this fairly experienced player at this four-handed game I play who raises about 75% of the time pre-flop. If he hits bottom or middle pair he draws to it and attacks the draw by raising or calling large bets. How do I punish this guy?

My tactic is the greedy one. Let him build huge pots and let him hang himself on my strong holdings. However, it requires me to make big expensive decisions in big pots and sometimes deal with relatively big swings. Is bitch slapping this guy pre-flop a viable option also?

Just wondering what you think. Trying to improve my game..

Comments

• Four handed games allow you to open up your range a bit and are a lot more fun to 3bet and 4bet in. Against overly aggressive players, I tend to play back with a check/call strategy though. I'll see a lot of showdowns with this kind of player and use their over aggressiveness against them. You'll be amazed how often you have them beat.

If you have a strong or monster hand, play check/raise as often as you can when first to act. When last to act, play check/call to the river then put them all in.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    You'll be amazed how often you have them beat.

this is definitely the key aspect. even with a wider range you're probably still leading most of the time.
  • Thanks! I'll try this.