QQ- Standard fold here?

After reviewing hand historys, QQ is my biggest leak. This flop is probably as bad as it gets with QQ. I minraised pf to get the academy challenge (then realized we werent 8-9 handed).

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($2)
BB ($0.74)
UTG ($1.67)
Hero (MP1) ($1.94)
MP2 ($4.78)
CO ($1.26)
Button ($2.63)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Qclub.gif, Qdiamond.gif
UTG calls $0.02, Hero bets $0.04, 4 folds, BB calls $0.02, UTG calls $0.02

Flop: ($0.13) Aspade.gif, Adiamond.gif, Kheart.gif(3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.06, BB calls $0.06, UTG calls $0.06

Turn: ($0.31) Aclub.gif(3 players)
BB bets $0.31, 1 fold, Hero ?

Comments

• I make it $.10 pre with QQ.....as played, fold
  • ok normally i would raise it to around there, im sure my minraise invited a king rag or ace rag along.
  • i hate min-raising. very rarely i may min-raise UTG or 2.5xBB simply because there are so many opponents still left to act that if i get reraised i'm not risking as much. however, if i am min-raising UTG i'm usually holding a pretty nice hand.

the problem with min-raising is that it does nothing to define your opponents hands range (especially at the level you're playing). i'm surprised anyone even folded to it here.
  • For the love of all holy!!!

Buy in for the max!!!!

Raise to at *LEAST* .25!!!!
  • Yep..min raising sucks...this is why that challenge pissed me off...lol.
  • For the love of all holy!!!

Buy in for the max!!!!

Raise to at *LEAST* .25!!!!

its 2NL on FTP. Max buyin is $2, therefore I did. Your suggesting raising to 14x BB?
  • All day fold....preflop raise more...even then i check the flop with 3 people in. At this level you are just spewing with QQ in a multiway pot with that board.
  • BiiLLY wrote: »
    its 2NL on FTP. Max buyin is $2, therefore I did. Your suggesting raising to 14x BB?

Why do you raise such a small amount preflop?

If people are going to call you .... raise lots....

The most important thing you need to do at low stakes is Value Bet More.

Bet more when you're ahead....

The next thing you need to learn is.
    Stop betting when you're behind.
  • Folding here is fine. This is the best limit to play online incidentally. You play online for practice - you play live to make money - and the 1 cent 2 cent game is the closest thing to live games you can find online. It's much tougher actually, but the higher stakes games online are much much tougher (than live play).

Your PF bet sizing is also fine, but a few more cents wouldn't hurt. It doesn't really matter - nothing wrong with keeping the pot small. Also you have no reads on your opponents. How are you going to beat them if you have no idea wtf they are doing?