1-2 NL live

I'm fairly new to NL so I'm not sure if this is too weak? Were down to 8 handed and a standard opening raise for this 1-2 game is in the 12 -16 dollar range. UTG is a weak player who tries to be aggressive sometimes. The HJ is stuck 700 and is Playing LAG.

Preflop:
UTG (70$) raises to 12$

HJ (250$) calls
Btn (150) calls

Hero is in BB (147$) Kdiamond.gif Qheart.gif calls

FLOP: (49$) 9spade.gif Jspade.gif Tspade.gif
hero checks, UTG all in for 58$, HJ calls, Btn folds, Hero folds.

I thought about shoving for a couple of minutes, but it felt like the HJ wanted me to call. At the very least I felt I was up against a spade draw and the HJ would be priced in, so I folded.

After the game I told my friend who was also playing what I folded and he couldn't believe I folded in that spot. He said he shoves everytime in that situation.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• There are alot of ways to play this.

Folding is the worst.

On a positive note, it can only get better from here.

BTW you want the spade draws calling here.
  • yeah, after discussing this more with a friend of mine I realize how bad & stupid this fold is. Wow... LOL

I guess I have a lot of work ahead of me.
  • I definately play this hand out, for $50 I'm in regardless.
  • Am I missing something here??

Effective stacks

UTG 70
    HJ 250
    Hero 150

Flop comes Hero checks, UTG is all in, HJ Flats???????, then you want Hero to call????

HJ - LAG player who is stuck?
    UTG - is a weak player?

I guess I am going to have to against the grain in this situation and say this is a nasty set up head. I can't see LAG flatting here with just 1 spade. I see LAG calling here hoping that you rope yourself and come in as well. If LAG has a draw I am thinking he re-shoves to isolate against 1 player heads up?? No?? Flatting that board is pretty scary for heros hand??

UTG for sure has maybe 1 spade or top pair with a spade draw but I think his UTG range would be AX? (quick assumption based on regular 1/2 players). LAG comes in with junk (most likely suited connectors/gap cards - hence the reason why he is stuck 700)

I just don't see how being the 3rd caller in this hand is profitable in the long run?? I guess in this set up I rather lead out and price myself in then be a caller on this hand.

Flame away....

(what was shown down??)
  • Shove...

I read UTG trying to get flush draws out..probably overpair with maybe one spade...possible set...regardless he isn't shoving with the made flush.

Shove..

HJ LAG is playing stupid and is likely drawing to the flush and making an error by not isolating...Lag also likely feels that with Hero's check..(hero) missed completely and (HJ) didn't have to isolate expecting a fold ..

Did I say shove yet?
  • UTG flopped Top 2 which suprised me...not in his character

LAG had :as rag

Thanks for the replies
  • I guess after looking at the numbers you are still a 50% favorite to win the hand:

KQ 47%
    J10 18%
    AX 34%

Still basically a flip, so like Blondfish would say, get your money in with .01% edge in a cash game :)