Omaha Pot Limit Betting

Hello everyone!
I surfed thru website about the rules of Omaha Pot limit betting. I couldn't find one. Maybe, one of you will assist me to find the right information. All I want to know how to use pot limit for betting during 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and final round. How can I figure it out for raise and rereaise for pot limit in cash game? Your input feedback would be helpful!
:as:ah

Comments

• Pot limit means you can raise by any amount equal to or less than the pot.

HOWEVER (and this is where people get confused), you have to include any amount of money that you would have put in the pot had you only called when calculating the pot. So here's an example

PLOM - $1 / $2 game

SB&BB is posted, and you're UTG. You announce "pot raise", which means you can go to a total of $7 ($1SB, $2BB, your $2 in brings the pot value to $5, so your total wager is $7).

Now, lets say you get one caller from the Big Blind. The pot is now $15 ($1SB, $7 from the BB, and your $7). Let's say that the BB puts out a $10 bet. This brings the pot to $25, but you want to re-raise so you announce "pot raise" again, and you can now go to $55 total ($25 pot, +$10 bet, +$10 call = $45 pot value, so you can raise $45 on top for a total of $55). If the BB now calls, he puts in another $45, bringing the pot to $125.

From here you check it down because I don't want to write any more.

Mark
  • The shortcut is "POT" = 3x the last bet + all the other bets + the pot.

Pot is $400. On the turn, the action goes...
    Bet $200. Call $200. Raise to $560. I say "POT"....

$560
    $1680
    +$400 (the action)
    +$400 (what was in the pot)
    $2480 is what I must put in TOTAL!

"Three times the last plus the rest..."
  • Alternative methods are:

1.) Click pot button, it will tell you
    2.) Let the dealer figure it out
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Alternative methods are:

1.) Click pot button, it will tell you
    2.) Let the dealer figure it out

In a LIVE game, saying "POT" without knowing how much you are actually betting is a key sign that you may be the weak player at the table. But, carry on...
  • 13CARDS wrote: »
    In a LIVE game, saying "POT" without knowing how much you are actually betting is a key sign that you may be the weak player at the table. But, carry on...

He didn't say he would bet without knowing.... As he said, let the dealer tell you, and he will... It's a rare player that instinctively knows without some figuring...

I lol'd, true story.

I agree, unfortunately I don't get many dealers playing at my 'live' PLO tables.
  • "The shortcut is "POT" = 3x the last bet + all the other bets + the pot." is a simple answer.
    I found another one; (3 x L + T) + S = M L = Last Wage, T = Trail, S = Starting Pot, M = Maximum Raise.

There are several questions to be answered "Based on live game".

1) There is 4 callers when I'm on the Small Bind (25/50 cents game). How can I figure it out for maximum raise cuz I'm SB?
    EX:
    4 players call for 50 cents ($2: Trail + .75: Starting Pot from SB and BB = $2.75: Maximum Raise)
    I'd like to raise the pot when I'm on SB.
    (3 x .50 + $1.50) + .75 = $3.75 so the overall is $6.50, right? Also, it does apply to Big Blind's position.

2) Starting pot: $2.50 The 2nd round.
    SB and BB checked.
    UTG bet $1.00 ($3.50)
    4th player called. ($4.50)
    Button reraised the pot. ($1 x 3 + $1) + $2.50 = $6.50 Max Raise
    $6.50 + $4.50 = $11.00
    SB, BB, and UTG folded.
    4th called $6.50 ($17.50).

Is that correct? Your input feedback is urgent! :)