AA on a trips board

Early in a SnG, 4th hand or so, most stacks even. 6 handed game.

I am UTG with AsAc7h8h. I raise, 4 callers.

Flop is 944.

I bet 1/2 pot, 2 callers.

Turn is 4.

I check, mid-sized bet, call, I call.

River is a K.

I bet, next guy shoves, 1 fold, ? Is this an insta-call?

Odds that neither player has a 4? No way I am scared of 99 or KK here, should I have raised the turn?

Comments

• I don't get what he is shoving here though? He might actually have the 4 or flopped the 99 and is slow playing it. Though maybe he thinks you don't have the 4 since the call on the turn and is trying to steal. I think it would depend on stack sizes / pot sizes at this point, but unless the villain is known for bluffing a lot you are probably behind. He could also be making a similar move with something like JJ or QQ though too.
  • Yes, you should have raised the turn, but if you get called/reraised assume you are no good.

I think you got rivered by KKxx
  • Early in a SnG, 4th hand or so, most stacks even. 6 handed game.

I am UTG with AsAc7h8h. I raise, 4 callers.

Flop is 944.

I bet 1/2 pot, 2 callers.

Turn is 4.

I check, mid-sized bet, call, I call.

River is a K.

I bet, next guy shoves, 1 fold, ? Is this an insta-call?

Odds that neither player has a 4? No way I am scared of 99 or KK here, should I have raised the turn?

As played -- First level I check fold turn and don't think twice about it. I also limp with the blinds that small and hope for a chance to reraise preflop and shove flop if possible, otherwise I give up easily unimproved on the flop.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    As played -- First level I check fold turn and don't think twice about it. I also limp with the blinds that small and hope for a chance to reraise preflop and shove flop if possible, otherwise I give up easily unimproved on the flop.

+1.......Just about no chance your hand is good here.

Early on, I'm limping and re-popping any raise, as you want to eliminate as much of the field as possible, as well, get as much in preflop as you can. If noone raises, easy fold on flop.

Without hitting your A, there's usually not much chance of your hand holding up against 4 callers.

Get out cheap, and fold the turn.....or check fold flop.
  • He had the 4.
  • He had the 4.

yup...when in doubt in PLO....they always have it.