JdTh9h

Hero checks
MP checks
BU checks

TURN
Kd

Hero bets $25
MP folds
BU says, "How much do you have left?" I show him my stack of about $130 and he calls.

Pot = $86

RIVER
Jh

Hero checks
BU moves All-in
Hero folds
here I have

BU was very active so I was moving for a C/R on the flop. I think I lost a lot of value by not betting out there, but them the ropes.

Whats your line?

Comments

• I donk out at the pot for the $25. If we have raisers we can get away from the hand.

If we have 1 caller (pot of $86 to our stack of $135) I stick it in on the turn and be happy with the ~25% increase to my stack. One hand beats us at this point, but there are plenty of draws.

If there are two callers on the flop, it is an even easier shove the turn with $111 pot to $135 behind.

As played, it was a fold on the river. He isn't bluffing enough there for this to be +ev IMO.
  • HammerDad wrote: »
    As played, it was a fold on the river. He isn't bluffing enough there for this to be +ev IMO.

+1, too many hands beat you at this point and you only have approx. $35 invested in the pot. His comment would likely lead me to believe he was on a flush draw. He may have a weaker J but unlikely with that board. Should bet a little more on the turn as you have the nuts at that point and hope someone is chasing.
  • I really relaly should have bet the flop. That was my biggest mistake. I figure it was an easy fold, but its allways good to hear so.
  • This is the problem with being OOP with QJo.

I definitely prefer a bet on this flop. The main reason is it allows you to push on the turn when you hit your big draw.

I fold pre-flop.
    I bet the flop.
    I bet ~ 3/4 of the pot on the turn (if I checked the flop, as played); I push the turn if I'd bet the flop <- opponents often think it's a bluff for some reason.
    I fold on the river (as played).

Checking the flop isn't horrible if you're pretty certain the original raiser is going to fire a C-bet, which is much more likely on a dry board. But this is a scary board for a villain who position-raised pre-flop; one of the callers could easily be trapping with KQ or 87 (or even AQ) here, or have a monster draw like "pair+flush draw" or "pair+OESD" (like you do). If I'm the villain and raised with a small-medium pair or AK, I'm checking behind in this situation. And he could have opened with air and is willing to let this go given the scariness of the flop... in which case you're not going to make much money by betting, but at least you'll take down a $30 pot.
  • iNano78 wrote: »
    This is the problem with being OOP with QJo.

I definitely prefer a bet on this flop. The main reason is it allows you to push on the turn when you hit your big draw.

I fold pre-flop.
    I bet the flop.
    I bet ~ 3/4 of the pot (if I checked the flop, as played); I push the turn if I'd bet the flop <- opponents often think it's a bluff for some reason.
    I fold on the river (as played).

Checking the flop isn't horrible if you're pretty certain the original raiser is going to fire a C-bet, which is much more likely on a dry board. But this is a scary board for a villain who position-raised pre-flop; one of the callers could easily be trapping with KQ or 87 (or even AQ) here, or have a monster draw like "pair+flush draw" or "pair+OESD" (like you do). If I'm the villain and raised with a small-medium pair or AK, I'm checking behind in this situation. And he could have opened with air and is willing to let this go given the scariness of the flop... in which case you're not going to make much money by betting, but at least you'll take down a $30 pot.

Im quite confident I played this hand all wrong. 90% of the time I fold in this spot preflop but Villian has been very active lately and I honestly thought QJ was ahead of his range. I folded the Q face up, he showed me 56s for a flush. what a donk.

Even still, lesson learned. dont play QJ OOP even against LAG >:(
  • syphilaids wrote: »
    Im quite confident I played this hand all wrong. 90% of the time I fold in this spot preflop but Villian has been very active lately and I honestly thought QJ was ahead of his range. I folded the Q face up, he showed me 56s for a flush. what a donk.

Even still, lesson learned. dont play QJ OOP even against LAG >:(

If you are going to play that hand, you pretty much have to come in for a raise and cbet the flop.

If villain calls PF, he will do 1 of 2 things on the flop:

a) SHOVE; or
    b) Call

You fold to a shove on that flop as you could easily be drawing to a chop, getting nearly freerolled vs QXhh or be a slight dog vs any set.

If he calls, it is a pretty easy shove on the turn and cross your fingers he doesn't call.
  • syphilaids wrote: »
    he showed me 56s for a flush.

favourite hand!
  • still, chasing the river with a low FD without pot odds and 4-1 implied if I ship? i think its pretty bad.

Ty for pointer Hammerdad, I like 3betting there.