klizmaraPN Posts BB 0.50
pinda152 Raised to 1.75
Bobby4Orr Folds
DennisBSPT Calls 1.75 (7s8sKh3h)
AAjavilote1 Folds
TOUR1422 Folds
klizmaraPN Raised to 6.75
pinda152 Calls 5.50

first off...should I really be calling here even if this guy has pot bet several of these situations?

DennisBSPT Calls 5.50

Flop 5s 3s 3d

klizmaraPN Bets 22.00 (only 10 bucks behind now) obvious overpair in hand...maybe a flush draw as well..but, with our outs, this is a snap call/raise right? I hate second guessing myself but I haven't played Omaha in awhile..

Comments

• Well if you are calling of 40% of your stack with that hand and then hit it so hard why wouldn't you get it in? What did you hope to hit? KKK or 456 of spades? However I do agree, 7,8 suited is the nuts in HE, not so sure in Omaha.. :)

So get it in and he turns over As, Ac, 3c, Ks, right?
  • obv, fold pre........as played obv a snap call/shove

also, stack sizes are important (although probably not here)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Well if you are calling of 40% of your stack with that hand and then hit it so hard why wouldn't you get it in? What did you hope to hit? KKK or 456 of spades? However I do agree, 7,8 suited is the nuts in HE, not so sure in Omaha.. :)

So get it in and he turns over As, Ac, 3c, Ks, right?

5.50 is only 10% of my stack...not 40%. I couldn't do a proper copy and paste with stack sizes..sorry..he only had 10 bucks behind after the 22buck bet.

My thoughts were (because he had done this (bet pot to iso) in many of these situations..a raise with a caller or two...) that if I hit my straight draws or flush draws I can chunk it when/if he bets pot after the flop...which I did...and he did...I just wanted to clarify that the move there was the right one with it being a low flush, and if I should have just folded pre as T8 suggested...

I guess I am only getting about 4-1 preflop..and as we have discussed before in HE...4-1 in a blind with what equates to junk, is still junk...and a fold. While not in a blind here..same principle. I just felt like there was merit to his raising pot in this situation the previous times, that he could just have junk...and if I hit, I nearly double up..

He flipped over KKxx, no flush draws. I picked up my 8 on the turn and a spade on the river.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    5.50 is only 10% of my stack...not 40%.

Misread that, I thought you only had $10 back. However same thing "effective". It was 40% of his stack so same diff as if you both had $10. behind.. If you are going to call that bet pre, and you did notice my bolded if didn't you, then you must get it in on the flop..
  • compuease wrote: »
    Misread that, I thought you only had $10 back. However same thing "effective". It was 40% of his stack so same diff as if you both had $10. behind.. If you are going to call that bet pre, and you did notice my bolded if didn't you, then you must get it in on the flop..

He had only 10 behind, after the 22 buck flop bet, and after the 6.75 preflop raise..so..he had near 40 bucks, I had just over 50...effective being 40 bucks then, 6.75 isn't near 40% of that...

I will try to get a better copy/paste of the omaha hands that include stacks next time..
  • yes you should probably have just gave it up before any action, calling the 1.75 to see a flop maybe but hes showing huge strength with a doubled pot bet just IMO, should have gave it up more often than not its not so much just KKxx, its more KKxx 2 suits that and would be thinking if hes NOT a fish which seemed to be the case while getting it in with an overpair on a connected broad, but course you called saw the flop, getting it in there is almost automatic based on $18+ in the pot and a bet at the pot, your given the implied odds alone forget the flush draw, you have 3 single pair up outs against an over pair.
  • Your hand is pure trash. Don't even limp this crap. This is about as bad as playing 73o in HE. Would you really play that vs. LAGtard? you need to be playing BETTER hands then him, not worse.

You hit a miracle, which is what you were hoping for. obv ship.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    My thoughts were (because he had done this (bet pot to iso) in many of these situations..a raise with a caller or two...) that if I hit my straight draws or flush draws I can chunk it when/if he bets pot after the flop...which I did...and he did...I just wanted to clarify that the move there was the right one with it being a low flush, and if I should have just folded pre as T8 suggested...

This hand is trash. You may have flush draws, but none of them are to the nuts. Your 78 will rarely be the nut straight at the end of a hand, overall this hand is utter garbage.

You happened to bink one of the limited hands you can play aggressively, and it still wasn't the nuts (55 has you crushed and xx53 has you beat pretty bad). Your flush draw is just to the 8, which if the guy had a hand like As2sKsKd you aren't getting your flush draw is killed.

As played shove flop.