what would you do?? just checking

PLO .50 and .50 I belive i was BB for this live, (anyone who was at the table dont comment for a bit wouldnt want to give it away) if Im in error in my remember just mention it I belive im close

UTG fold, UTG +1 limp, limp, pot $2.50, call, call, and i have 10 10 6 6 3 suits, i call, i think a fold and a call, might be the other way around.....flops 10 9 3 rainbow, what do I do here?? $15 in the pot check then its on me, everyone is $55-$130 or more behind i belive, im $200++

any opinions are good here, thanks
looking for the max obiviously, lets say I didnt get it lol

Comments

• Bet out, whatever you think the others will call ands till be making a mistake.

Sounds like you have at least 3 players in the pot, maybe more - fire out, and if you get called, well, you're ahead. If you don't get call, hey, no bad beat story!

Mark
  • I check. Initial pot raiser represents high pair, so likely has other face cards. That many players in the hand there will be one with QJ who will call a reasonable bet. If you bet pot, initial raiser either calls or pots you, and now you're both all-in by the end of the hand.

If you check, pot raiser will likely bet $10-$15, probably gets back to you and I just call. Maybe one other caller, but I think now you're heads up but out of position. 6 outs for a 9 or 3, or you need runner runner small pair to ensure a win. While you're ahead now, opp has fewer outs to beat you, so that's good.

I find at this level that players are married to their high pairs, especially on a board like that. I check and call any favourable turn card. Then lead out betting the river if you're still ahead.
  • If your check allows the initial raiser to lead out, I say that is your play. Assuming he C-bets, I would raise the pot, assuming it is folded to me. Hell, even if it is not folded to me, I am raising it "pot". You are the favourite now, and you want to punish anybody who wants to try and draw out against you.

Of, course, after they do, I am going to be looking to reload.
  • I don't play plo, but whenev i hit hard like this when im oop and not the preflop aggressor i always donk out as if i have a straight draw or tptk. The initial raiser will feel like he has to raise to protect his hand and any draws will call. I'll holly wood a call from the raise and then check raise any blank on the turn. You don't want the flop to be checked through
  • Ya I should have checked haha, bet pot got shoved with a wrap after then fold fold the check might have had the wrap bet, ran twice lost one....such is poker HA
  • Wait, you bet, and someone shoved?

That's the ideal!

Mark
  • im trying and thinking to win the max with so many in the pot, even with the chop if it was win win for me, i dont belive the max was in the pot.....checking was the better idea for me, but live and learn all that stuff