Thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker Game #30260062761: Table Oral (heads up, deep) - $2/$4 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 17:01:46 ET - 2011/05/02
Seat 1: abrnah ($870.10)
Seat 2: betrthanphil ($938.60)
abrnah posts the small blind of $2
betrthanphil posts the big blind of $4
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to betrthanphil [3d Td 6h 8s]
abrnah raises to $12
betrthanphil calls $8
*** FLOP *** [Jd Kd 7d]
betrthanphil checks
abrnah bets $14
betrthanphil raises to $52
abrnah calls $38
*** TURN *** [Jd Kd 7d] [5s]
betrthanphil bets $105
abrnah has 15 seconds left to act
abrnah raises to $292
betrthanphil has 15 seconds left to act
betrthanphil calls $187
*** RIVER *** [Jd Kd 7d 5s] [5d]
betrthanphil checks
abrnah bets $514.10, and is all in
betrthanphil???

Now I know I dont want to over value a 10 high flush here even more so cause the board paired on the river. I dont play omaha to to often but wanted to hear some omaha players thoughts here?

Comments

• I don't play any HU PLO, other than final 2 of a tourney......

Pretty tough spot.....his hand kinda looks like a bluff when he ships the river once the board pairs. He might have had dry A, and backed into a tight. Without any numbers on villain, I probly fold (on turn). Don't think ur ahead enough here to be a profitable call. You have essentially, only a bluff catcher...
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    I don't play any HU PLO, other than final 2 of a tourney......

Pretty tough spot.....his hand kinda looks like a bluff when he ships the river once the board pairs. He might have had dry A, and backed into a tight. Without any numbers on villain, I probly fold (on turn). Don't think ur ahead enough here to be a profitable call. You have essentially, only a bluff catcher...

I had caught him bluffing before, also calling very weak off flops where he needed runner runner to win. Right from the flop I was afraid of bigger flush, when he raised turn I thought it definatly possible he had the bigger flush. But his bet compared to pot was a little small so I decided to call and reevaluate on the river. Now the river paired and at first I was like shit, now I cant beat any hands I thought he had( figured set or flush), but then he pushed and my thought process was, is he really that confident that I have a flush that he would push here with the nut flush? I didnt think that was possible, on top of that if he had the set why would he raise on the turn. My time bank was down to 4 sec and I hadnt made a decision and ultimatly called with 1 sec left. Said to myself if hes good enough to raise turn with a set or push river with bigger flush Ill pay him off, as I had been playing with him for about 40 min and I didnt think he was that good. This is what he had. Lucky? or right thought process?

Full Tilt Poker Game #30260062761: Table Oral (heads up, deep) - $2/$4 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 17:01:46 ET - 2011/05/02
    Seat 1: abrnah ($870.10)
    Seat 2: betrthanphil ($938.60)
    abrnah posts the small blind of $2
    betrthanphil posts the big blind of $4
    The button is in seat #1
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to betrthanphil [3d Td 6h 8s]
    abrnah raises to $12
    betrthanphil calls $8
    *** FLOP *** [Jd Kd 7d]
    betrthanphil checks
    abrnah bets $14
    betrthanphil raises to $52
    abrnah calls $38
    *** TURN *** [Jd Kd 7d] [5s]
    betrthanphil bets $105
    abrnah has 15 seconds left to act
    abrnah raises to $292
    betrthanphil calls $187
    *** RIVER *** [Jd Kd 7d 5s] [5d]
    betrthanphil checks
    abrnah bets $514.10, and is all in
    betrthanphil has requested TIME
    betrthanphil calls $514.10
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    abrnah shows [7s 4s Ad 6c] two pair, Sevens and Fives
    betrthanphil shows [3d Td 6h 8s] a flush, King high
    betrthanphil wins the pot ($1,739.70) with a flush, King high
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $1,740.20 | Rake $0.50
    Board: [Jd Kd 7d 5s 5d]
    Seat 1: abrnah (small blind) showed [7s 4s Ad 6c] and lost with two pair, Sevens and Fives
    Seat 2: betrthanphil (big blind) showed [3d Td 6h 8s] and won ($1,739.70) with a flush, King high

Now his hand is really weird here, he has no outs really from the start, is it possible he was bad enough not know you need to use 2 cards and thought he rivered the nut flush?
  • I had caught him bluffing before, also calling very weak off flops where he needed runner runner to win. Right from the flop I was afraid of bigger flush, when he raised turn I thought it definatly possible he had the bigger flush. But his bet compared to pot was a little small so I decided to call and reevaluate on the river. Now the river paired and at first I was like shit, now I cant beat any hands I thought he had( figured set or flush), but then he pushed and my thought process was, is he really that confident that I have a flush that he would push here with the nut flush? I didnt think that was possible, on top of that if he had the set why would he raise on the turn. My time bank was down to 4 sec and I hadnt made a decision and ultimatly called with 1 sec left. Said to myself if hes good enough to raise turn with a set or push river with bigger flush Ill pay him off, as I had been playing with him for about 40 min and I didnt think he was that good. This is what he had. Lucky? or right thought process?

If he's barrelled before, a call is probably OK here then...I'm just a nit who folds on the turn.
    Now his hand is really weird here, he has no outs really from the start, is it possible he was bad enough not know you need to use 2 cards and thought he rivered the nut flush?

nah, looked him up...seems to be a break even player upto 2010 playing these stakes or higher.....a 3 barrell bluff with the dry A....never works for me either
  • the only times you win with the dry ace is when theres more than one player in the pot, the player with the best hand is the one that folds first everytime lol, the 2nd player your bluffing probably doesnt have a hand or realizing the first player making the big fold doing the right thing while its wrong the whole way....now course this is heads up and your picking off a bluff with bottom pair on flop sometimes when you play hero it works out well done!
  • getem76 wrote: »
    the only times you win with the dry ace is when theres more than one player in the pot, the player with the best hand is the one that folds first everytime lol, the 2nd player your bluffing probably doesnt have a hand or realizing the first player making the big fold doing the right thing while its wrong the whole way....now course this is heads up and your picking off a bluff with bottom pair on flop sometimes when you play hero it works out well done!

Bottom pair? I flopped flush lol did i miss something or you haha
  • i meant him, trying to bluff with the dry ace, haha...no fence
  • if he's gonna bluff he's probably better off doing it earlier, preferably 3bet flop bet turn rather than ship his stack in. Nice call