The good, The Bad, and Me. 10/20 NL vs sharks and fish.

10/20NL Live I've been on the table for about 4 hours. There are some very good players at the table, 2+2 experts and some awful fish.

UTG :: $3K Expert pro.

UTG+1 :: $3K Pro player.

MP Villain 1 $1.8K:: Tourist donk, is putting in the tail end of a 24hr session. Very nice guy.

CO Calling station $1.3K :: VPIP of around 90

Button Villan 2 $3.2K:: Rich Fish, very aggressive. Is wearing a $20K ring, $30K watch.

SB :: 2+2 expert, really good player

BB Hero $2.7K:: Not doing anything fancy. Just playing exploitable ABC TAG/sLAG isolating poker against the fish and avoiding the experts. Hero may be the 4th best player in the game.

2 good players limp. // I think they are on small pairs or suited connectors.
Villain 1 limps
Calling station limps.

Villain 2 raises to $45.

SB folds.

// I don't want to let the other good players into the pot.

I re-raise to $145 to isolate (AKo).

Pro's fold.

Villain 1 calls,

Villain 2 calls.

Flop A95r

I cbet to 305

Villain 1 insta-shoves. $1.65K

Villain 2 thinks and makes a tortured call. About $1.25K behind.

?????

Comments

• My thinking would be why no re-raise pf with a strong ace from Villain 1, unlikely to push with A9 A5, trips and why push if he limp called with aces, so we have him. Secondly tho Villain 2's call is screaming strength maybe trip 5's to get the rest of your chips. But with his description he could easily have called with an AJ, A10, or even lesser Ax and made the call. Honestly I would have to make the call here.
  • don't you hate those situations for all your stack with top pair, top kicker. That board couldn't be more dry and a great spot for AK (before all the action). More worried about Villian 2 and his 'tortured call'. What has V1 pushed with in the past four hours? Does he tend to do this on a bluff or with a made hand? don't see any draws out there. One of them likely has two pairs minimum. Are they going to push $1,500ish with AQ or AJ? what other hands can you really beat??

Tough fold unfortunately. Pick a better spot to get their money.

Who else wants in on the t-shirt order, "TPTK No Good!"?

1. pokerJAH
    2. Reef Aquarium
  • if those are the two worst players at the table i kinda feel like i have to call. really they both have to have an ace here. button can have a set but i think a spewy rich guy can turn a slow played monster into a bluff too (incorectly, like KK) .

we have redraws vs two pair and are only ever worried about a set from the button player (or aces in the bb but you gave indication he was actually making a tough call).

sets have you crush but you have aj aq ats dominated.....

does the button snap jam a set do you think and is the sb legitimetly making a tough call?

i wish there was a hh here i can't add up the bets good :(
  • I fold I guess. A fish cold calling a 3bet is probably a lot of 99 hands, when they put stacks in postflop I'm worried
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I fold I guess. A fish cold calling a 3bet is probably a lot of 99 hands, when they put stacks inte postflop I'm worried
    i gotta feel like i good decipher whether or not villain would fast play a set here...but i will note i couldn't not get myself to call here with 3k in real moniez....
  • Villain 1 has never been all in before.
    4 hours ago he had about 4K and he's slowly been losing his stack making loose calls. I rarely see him making aggressive plays. He overvalues hands.

What can I beat against a sane player?

But wait... these guys are bad players.

I've successfully isolated both of the fish and the money is in the pot... The problem is I wonder if top pair top kicker is good here. I'm afraid of 99. It's the only hand that makes sense for Villain 1. But if he binged a set on such a dry board why is he shoving?
  • . But if he binged a set on such a dry board why is he shoving?
    thats the question...would he jam with that on a dry board....is there any way he can call pre with a9s? would he do this with AT, AJ, AQ, ....If you can put them in his range theres alot of comobs of aces even with one removed.
  • Villain 1 overshoved the flop with AKo.

Villain 2 called with As4s and goes runner runner for a flush.

I feel a bit sick.