Wwud

PokerStars Game #70474016790: Omaha Hi/Lo Pot Limit ($0.10/$0.25 USD) - 2011/11/13 7:52:51 ET
Table 'Asplinda VI' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: NHFiish ($47.03 in chips)
Seat 2: Wolffhound ($14.59 in chips)
Seat 3: blueham1702 ($15.38 in chips)
Seat 4: vicky622 ($12.59 in chips)
Seat 5: dickerqqq ($6.22 in chips)
Seat 6: mrHat2 ($25 in chips)
mrHat2: posts small blind $0.10
NHFiish: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Wolffhound [6c Kc 5h Ks]
Wolffhound: raises $0.60 to $0.85
blueham1702: folds
vicky622: folds
dickerqqq: folds
mrHat2: calls $0.75
NHFiish: raises $2.55 to $3.40
Wolffhound: calls $2.55
mrHat2: calls $2.55
*** FLOP *** [9h 7s 4c]
mrHat2: checks
NHFiish: bets $9.69

Your thoughts to this point and what you do next?
NHFiish seems solid enough.

Comments

• fold fold fold fold

you don't have the low, and your praying you can win the high...
  • I agree with pele

Mark
  • Easy fold, your kk's are beat and your draw is beat.
  • Easy fold, your kk's are beat and you have no draw.

FYP. Foldo.
  • fold pre I guess, your kk might be good but there's no way to continue flop just because of that

Sure you have a draw but he'll really rarely have naked aces here
  • Close your table and find the Holdem tab?
  • Some may find this nitty, but fold pre IMO.

You have no nut draws pre and your KK could already be behind. You are calling with KK for setmining purposes only and wiffed. You picked up an OESD, but if you hit it villain is likely to have the low and all you are doing is contributing to rake. And even then, you only have 10 clean outs to the nuts (any K, 8 or 3) and you don't have the needed odds.

Fold now.
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    PokerStars Game #70474016790: Omaha Hi/Lo Pot Limit ($0.10/$0.25 USD) - 2011/11/13 7:52:51 ET
    Table 'Asplinda VI' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
    Seat 1: NHFiish ($47.03 in chips)
    Seat 2: Wolffhound ($14.59 in chips)
    Seat 3: blueham1702 ($15.38 in chips)
    Seat 4: vicky622 ($12.59 in chips)
    Seat 5: dickerqqq ($6.22 in chips)
    Seat 6: mrHat2 ($25 in chips)
    mrHat2: posts small blind $0.10
    NHFiish: posts big blind $0.25
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Wolffhound [6c Kc 5h Ks]
    Wolffhound: raises $0.60 to $0.85
    blueham1702: folds
    vicky622: folds
    dickerqqq: folds
    mrHat2: calls $0.75
    NHFiish: raises $2.55 to $3.40
    Wolffhound: calls $2.55
    mrHat2: calls $2.55
    *** FLOP *** [9h 7s 4c]
    mrHat2: checks
    NHFiish: bets $9.69

Your thoughts to this point and what you do next?
    NHFiish seems solid enough.

I don't mean to sound like a smart ass but I don't think you're asking the right question.

Do you understand that the game is about scooping the high and the low?

The raise preflop is fine, but when you get repoped pre with your shit trap KKXX hand, you should fold.

What's your preflop hand strategy/range?
  • People don't usually 3 ball A2 in this right? So you're probably look at AAxx, probably w/ a decent low as well. I think folding pre is not a bad idea the second time around. And I like the open raise. Another thing to is you are squeezed post flop between the SB and BB. check c-bet u decide and then SB acts is how its going to play out post. i mean ur basically looking @ a pretty good high hand w/ an emergency low and ur opening rom first in so he's probably not 3 betting u light. i'd imagine ur typical o/8 player @ a stars .10/.25 has a fairly nitty 3 bet range; there's probably not too much metagaming going on here w/ aggressive opens and 3 bets like u might see w/ more aggressive players
  • I'm not sure this game is all about scooping. Making a nut hand and putting pressure on when you know you're not getting quartered makes a lot of money
  • When playing o8, unless you are very good, you should be playing hands that give you the nuts 3 different ways. Play hands that can make straights, the low and the nut flush at the same time.

Hands like K663 or JJ84 are garbage, and should be folded pre. Hands like AQ84rainbow are harder to play you are unlikely to scoop as you don't have any nut draw and your A48 sucks for a low (especially if an A or 4 hit)
  • I would just open AQ48 from hijack or later and fold otherwise. I'm talking about aggressive short handed limit games. We should differentiate between full ring and short handed. Full ring you really want to stick towards the nuts especially in multiway pots. But like any form of poker aggression pays.