PLO $0.05-$0.10 cash

please evaluate my line here. thanks.

PokerStars Hand #96568631691: Omaha Pot Limit ($0.05/$0.10 USD) - 2013/04/02 19:13:48 ET
Table 'Donnera V' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: CompuMan64 ($7.66 in chips)
Seat 2: Zorlu2007 ($3.55 in chips)
Seat 3: HERO ($10 in chips)
Seat 4: Villain ($15.77 in chips)
Seat 6: Qualit E ($8.99 in chips)
Qualit E: posts small blind $0.05
CompuMan64: posts big blind $0.10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [Ts Ks 9h 9d]
Zorlu2007: raises $0.10 to $0.20
HERO: calls $0.20
Villain: raises $0.75 to $0.95 <- villain has made a few plays like this on the button in multiway pots. he's been pretty aggressive so far.
Qualit E: calls $0.90
CompuMan64: folds
Zorlu2007: calls $0.75
HERO: calls $0.75 <- mostly a call looking to gamble. if i miss the flop i'm folding easily.
*** FLOP *** [5d Kc 9s]
Qualit E: checks
Zorlu2007: checks
HERO: checks <- i KNOW villain is cbetting here as he's done every time in such a position, so i check to him. figured i'd get to act last after seeing what the other two players do.
Villain: bets $3.10
Qualit E: folds
Zorlu2007: folds
HERO: raises $5.95 to $9.05 and is all-in <- 2nd nuts and a K blocker. is this a bad play here? should i bet it smaller so i can still fold to a push? just call and see a turn? please help!
Villain: calls $5.95 (results in white below)
*** TURN *** [5d Kc 9s] [Qd]
*** RIVER *** [5d Kc 9s Qd] [Ad]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
HERO: shows [Ts Ks 9h 9d] (three of a kind, Nines)
Villain: shows [Kd Kh Qc 9c] (three of a kind, Kings)
Villain collected $21.01 from pot

Comments

• stop lurking and comment already mark! :D
  • Set over set as I was pointing out in your other thread. Middle set has to be played very cautiously. The middle pairs just kill you. I mostly toss pairs away less than 1010. In this case your hand is slightly stronger in that you have a suited K.

The main problem with your hand is the two gapper at the top. That means the only nut straight you can get is exactly AQJ, QJ9 or 876 and the only redraw for 876 to a higher straight is runner runner. AQJ/QJ9 has no redraws at all. If three paint fall, best you can hope for is a chop, if not losing to a higher straight. It is a horrible feeling in Omaha to get it all in with the nut straight while your opponent is sitting there with an AK10 in his hand freerolling you. Try not to play connected hands with a two gap at the top. Q1099 is actually a stronger hand.

You close out the betting at least preflop but yeah being oop in Omaha sucks. Just like the villian I do a lot of repotting off the button to make sure I have position for the rest of the hand. On the button I tend to flat since I am going to act last anyways.

Weaker hands that have a hard time flopping the nuts and don't have a lot of redraws to higher nuts have to be thrown away oop. Mostly it's your preflop selection that is getting you into trouble.
  • thanks moose.

i'm still working on my opening hands in omaha. i'll try to remember to stay away from the top two gapper hands. also, i'll try to look at middle set as a cautionary hand.
  • I revised my reply as bit as I thought through it more so take a reread.
  • moose wrote: »
    I revised my reply as bit as I thought through it more so take a reread.

cheers moose.

my vp is probably 25%-30% in the 6 max so far, but i may be looking to play too many hands oop.
  • Omaha is a lot of aggression but played in position. I'll repot a far wider range of hands in position just to get heads up to the flop in position against my opponent. From there I have control of the hand, whether to repot, bet, check or fold. Again from the button I'm pretty passive because from there I can control the pot size and still act last.
  • Hey!

Sorry, read this in the a.m. and left it open.

Set over set is a little easier to believe in Omaha because of the selection, but when you have the "blocker" K, it's easy to do this. Otherwise, Moose has hit it pretty square.

Mark