BAP question

A friend of mine and I are going to play in a satellite series to a higher buy in tourney. We were going to do a swap and one of our friends said he wanted to put up a piece but I'm not sure how that would work. The sats run as follows
41$ sat winner to 360$ sat to 1500$ main

So how would a swap or a % work

Also how does it work if let's say one buys into five 41$ doesn't make it buys into the 360$ to get in there is all kinds of different scenarios
Just wondering what others have done

Comments

• i never BAP for satellites. i only BAP for the actual event. keeps things simple.
  • Just treat it as cash if your going to do this. Basically the % would transfer str8 across IMO unless you paid out cash value of seat % won. Think T$
  • Jon is right, the percent rolls. Its basically the ultimate parlay.

There is a real life example of an ultimate parlay right on this forum for someone who won a bracelet!
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Jon is right, the percent rolls. Its basically the ultimate parlay.

There is a real life example of an ultimate parlay right on this forum for someone who won a bracelet!

Do not forget his many happy shareholders . . .
  • For a swap, you may want it to be a percentage of cash profit instead of prize [e.g., 10% * (cash prize - buy-in)] especially if you also have a BAP, so you don't end up losing money after cashing. For example, Seneca would be the worst choice if you want to swap based on the prize and to BAP, as both the player and buyer could lose money after cashing in the lowest prize tier! :o

As for your specific question, if you want to buy into the $360 even if you don't win any of the 5 $41 sub-satellites, then your options include offering a BAP of just the $360 or also the extra $205 buy-ins. If somebody only wanted to BAP of the $205 attempts but you don't win, then he doesn't have a piece of your $360 attempt. You need to be willing to provide proof of tournaments played, unlike at least one of the Las Vegas BAPs in this forum. :-\

Basically you want to work out various results, such as min-cashing and first place in ALL of the tournaments so that everybody understands what they will end up with your many different scenarios. If this is the first BAP for you or your friends, use the KISS principle - keep it as simple as possible to avoid any friendship-breaking misunderstandings. After distributing my first successful stake, I was able to offer more options.
    Also how does it work if let's say one buys into five 41$ doesn't make it buys into the 360$ to get in there is all kinds of different scenarios
    Just wondering what others have done
  • Thank you for the responses we are just going to do something simple So that the one who cashed would make still make money yet the other would get some of his buyin back. I was just kind of curios at to how that would work