preflop raising frenzy

(you convinced me to play a little $0.10-$0.25 payperview ;))

PokerStars Hand Omaha Pot Limit ($0.10/$0.25 USD)
Table 'Figneria VI' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 2: Robert3225 ($10 in chips)
Seat 3: m_dolens ($25.32 in chips)
Seat 4: mkury1 ($18.49 in chips)
Seat 5: otte73 ($78.65 in chips)
Seat 6: 44twofours44 ($27.15 in chips)
mkury1: posts small blind $0.10
otte73: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to m_dolens [Kd Jd Qs 9s]
44twofours44: raises $0.60 to $0.85
Robert3225: calls $0.85
m_dolens: calls $0.85
mkury1: folds
otte73: raises $1.15 to $2
44twofours44: raises $5.80 to $7.80
Robert3225: folds
m_dolens: ?

5th hand in so no reads on villains. i have the button and i have a good drawing hand but facing a 4bet...

m_dolens: calls $6.95
otte73: raises $24.35 to $32.15
44twofours44: calls $19.35 and is all-in
m_dolens: ?

did my call commit me now? i'm thinking that i could have some value against both possibly having AAxx. idk. any advice on this one?

Comments

• Im not an Omaha expert, but I dont think I can fold here.
  • I would get it in here. One has AAXX 100% and your hand plays well. getting your money in without always AAXX and give you more action and makes you harder to play against.

Btw, what were the hands and results?

My guess is trigs wins ^-^
  • 1st action raise or fold.

After that you are in it for the ride.

Double suited with a gap at the low end .... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    AAxx crusher
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    1st action raise or fold.

AAxx crusher

thanks. i was wondering if/when i could have been raising.
  • payperview wrote: »
    I would get it in here. One has AAXX 100% and your hand plays well. getting your money in without always AAXX and give you more action and makes you harder to play against.

Btw, what were the hands and results?

My guess is trigs wins ^-^

results in white below:

m_dolens: calls $17.52 and is all-in
    Uncalled bet ($5) returned to otte73
    *** FLOP *** [7h 4s 9d]
    *** TURN *** [7h 4s 9d] [9c]
    *** RIVER *** [7h 4s 9d 9c] [5c]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    otte73: shows [Ac 5d Ad 6h] (two pair, Aces and Nines)
    44twofours44: shows [As 8h Ah 8s] (two pair, Aces and Nines)
    otte73 collected $1.83 from side pot
    44twofours44 collected $1.83 from side pot
    m_dolens: shows [Kd Jd Qs 9s] (three of a kind, Nines)
    m_dolens collected $74.91 from main pot
  • High double suited cards.......... You have to see a flop with these cards and you have the button.
  • I 3 bet or call initially, I think both plays are equal without any metagame issues if it is a new table.

I shove when it gets back to me the next time...I've gotten it in with way worse hands for $1200 live when I try to iso a shortish stack with dead money in the pot and get called:( Sometimes KT73ds good for $3000:). I think that folding when it gets back to you with action still behind you is fine if you want to play a lower variance style...this is only true if 3 and 4 bets are rare at your table or at this limit overall.

At many low limit online tables players only 3 or 4 bet with AAxx (or KKxx which is a whole level of terrible) and your hand plays very well vs most AAxx hands. Make sure to run your hand vs these hands on cardplayer or wherever so you realize how your hand holds up vs what they had and what you feel they could have. It is pretty rare for a low limit player to make a more advanced play with 9876 in these spots IMO so hands are fairly face up.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    1st action raise or fold.

AAxx crusher

folding this spot would be atrocious...folding when it comes back to you and you are not last to act is ok if the table is not crazy and you want to decrease your variance
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I 3 bet or call initially, I think both plays are equal without any metagame issues if it is a new table.

I shove when it gets back to me the next time...I've gotten it in with way worse hands for $1200 live when I try to iso a shortish stack with dead money in the pot and get called:( Sometimes KT73ds good for $3000:). I think that folding when it gets back to you with action still behind you is fine if you want to play a lower variance style...this is only true if 3 and 4 bets are rare at your table or at this limit overall.

At many low limit online tables players only 3 or 4 bet with AAxx (or KKxx which is a whole level of terrible) and your hand plays very well vs most AAxx hands. Make sure to run your hand vs these hands on cardplayer or wherever so you realize how your hand holds up vs what they had and what you feel they could have. It is pretty rare for a low limit player to make a more advanced play with 9876 in these spots IMO so hands are fairly face up.

I did run it through an Omaha calculator afterwards. I was surprised to actually be ahead with around 31-32%. Each of them holding AA helped I'm sure. (i was 31%, AA88ds was 27% and other was 20% and they had a 21% chance to split). wait, does the split chance mean i'm actually behind then?

EDIT: trying to lower variance in omaha? pffft, screw that. i'll just play holdem then :D

EDIT 2: btw, i think i may be hooking into the #gtaomaharungood as this is my 6th consecutive winning session!
  • Can you make it any harder to see the results. Nice scoop.

Keep up the #omaharungood
  • Pretty much what GTA said.

I'm almost always raising here on my first action to isolate and get heads up in 6 max, which probably gets me allin anyways when it's back to me.

As played, when it gets back to me and it's $6.95 to call, I'm folding because I don't close the action and you know 100% the way the betting has gone that the next guy is repotting and we are playing for stacks. If I am closing the action then I am seeing the flop for $6.95 and playing for stacks after.

However, if the decision is to play though, I would never ever just call $6.95, you must absolutely repot. If you are going to play for stacks you must do what you can to get heads up.

After the fact, your equity against those specific hands was good only because they both had AA against each other, making all your cards live, but your flush draws were no good so you did need to make a straight, for which you needed a 10 to fall, a lucky 3 of a kind or two pair and hope the board didn't pair. It was one of those classic Omaha situations where you were behind because you were drawing but actually ahead because you had so many outs.

However, giving 44twofours44 even just any 4 random paint cards, instead of AA and no other paint, removes most of your live outs and your equity drops down to about 20%.
  • payperview wrote: »
    Can you make it any harder to see the results. Nice scoop.

Keep up the #omaharungood

You drag your mouse over the text to highlight it in blue and make it readable.

#obvforumnewbie
  • Thanks moose. I'm an idiot sometimes.