PLO river play

only have around 35 hands on villain so far. he seems like a calling station with a VP of 45ish and a PFR of 10ish. he's been calling a lot of cbets on the flop as well. he's got a big stack though so maybe he's just getting adventurous.

PokerStars Hand Omaha Pot Limit ($0.25/$0.50 USD)
Table 'Clavel III' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: m_dolens ($53.75 in chips)
Seat 2: RaKu01 ($102.48 in chips)
Seat 4: luckboxx69 ($51.26 in chips)
Seat 5: karenchik83 ($134.06 in chips)
arsonist1878 will be allowed to play after the button
m_dolens: posts small blind $0.25
RaKu01: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to m_dolens [3s Qs Th Kc]
luckboxx69: folds
karenchik83: calls $0.50
m_dolens: calls $0.25
NedFX leaves the table
RaKu01: checks
*** FLOP *** [9d Qc 4s]
pkbullarg joins the table at seat #3
m_dolens: checks
RaKu01: checks
karenchik83: bets $1.43
m_dolens: calls $1.43
RaKu01: folds
*** TURN *** [9d Qc 4s] [Js]
m_dolens: checks
karenchik83: bets $4.16
m_dolens: raises $12.48 to $16.64
karenchik83: calls $12.48
*** RIVER *** [9d Qc 4s Js] [As]
m_dolens: ?

how do you guys play this river? if i'm betting out, how much? should i be considering check/calling instead? the pot is $37.64 on the river and i have $35.18 behind.

Comments

• anybody?
  • Your losing to a running backdoor flush. He could have two pair or set. If you check IMO he will be pot. I would bet around $10.13, this could look like a value bet and maybe you backed into flush on a combo turn that hit or you. If he jams river over your bet then fold.
  • You have second nut backdoor flush, no? With 2 straights closing on the turn.

Shove
  • here was my thinking:

maybe check/calling because villain is likely to bet the river again. also, if he does have the nut flush i'm losing the minimum. however, if he checks behind i'm losing out on a lot of value i think.

if i raise, i think i'm committed to the pot. for some reason, i don't like the idea of raise/folding the river, at least not against this villain.

pushing all in makes some straights and lower flushes fold that may have called a bet or even bet out if i check the river.

EDIT: also, what hands are calling this push?

i'll post my actual actions later. i'd like to hear some more opinions first if possible.
  • If you feel he's a station, don't give him the chance to check behind. Sure he could have backdoored nut flush with some kind of KJT hand but stations are going to pay you off with much wider than nut flush
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    You have second nut backdoor flush, no? With 2 straights closing on the turn.

Shove

I didn't see this. Absolute shove.
  • thanks for the comments. maybe i'm just over thinking it a bit.

river action in white: i pushed all in. villain folded and showed two cards, QQ.