they wanted him to go to rehab . . .

and Ford is finally saying "yes".

Might have something to do with the Globe having another crack video in their possession.

The 1/2 Mayor is taking a month off to sort out his issues. No Mayor stuff and no campaigning.

Comments

• He's done, what an idiot. Is anyone really surprised?
  • Love it.
  • Nobody thinks this is part of a "new and improved Ford 2.0 campaign ploy? He goes away for a month, comes back in June "with all his problems behind him", and is ready to work for the taxpayers of the City?
  • is he a good mayor besides all the drug allegations?

has he done anything good for torontonians ?
  • OHTNCTRHM wrote: »
    has he done anything good for torontonians ?

he's made them known worldwide as being possibly the stupidest voters alive.
  • There's no disputing that Toronto needs a new mayor, they simply cannot have a drug addicted mayor leading a City like Toronto. He is delusional for thinking "rehab" and then running for re election is going to happen.

He is very lucky that the feds aren't taking criminal action, and addressing this like hes any body else.

I just haven't heard too much of a stink about actual mayoral decisions he has made, which is why I asked if he was a good mayor in the first place, but looking back, that was a pretty dumb question.
  • I'm sure his handlers are telling him to just straighten up until Oct 27 and if you can do that then you can do whatever you want on Oct 28. Plus if he gets reelected he will be able to keep his power longer because "the people" reelected him despite his idiocy. Until he gets arrested of course.

Given that the vote will get split amongst his opponents, I actually think he still has an outside chance of getting reelected if his "Ford Nation" wingnuts actually believe his sob story about rehab. As a non-Torontonian, that would be entertaining for me.
  • What with the writ coming down today for the Provincial election next month, I think the PCs should start running ads that look like a credit card bill, and highlight the portion that says, "at the current rate of repayment, it will take ___# of years to pay off your amount owing.

That might actually get some people off their asses and turf the Liberals out.
  • Anyone that can run the largest city in Canada during the day while smoking crack on his free time has got my vote. Talk about multi tasking. He will be back, more popular than ever. God bless him!
  • trigs wrote: »
    he's made them known worldwide as being possibly the stupidest voters alive.

but, George Bush
  • Milo wrote: »
    Nobody thinks this is part of a "new and improved Ford 2.0 campaign ploy? He goes away for a month, comes back in June "with all his problems behind him", and is ready to work for the taxpayers of the City?

That's exactly what he will do. And no one will ever know if he even went to rehab or just took a vacation somewhere.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Anyone that can run the largest city in Canada during the day while smoking crack on his free time has got my vote. Talk about multi tasking. He will be back, more popular than ever. God bless him!

But he doesn't do any of the mayoral duties. And he still shows up for work at noon and leaves at three. I doubt he does much "running of the city."

You are being sarcastic, right?
    I just haven't heard too much of a stink about actual mayoral decisions he has made, which is why I asked if he was a good mayor in the first place, but looking back, that was a pretty dumb question.

Decisions are made by council vote. He, Doug, and one or two allies on council are regularly the sole votes for or against any motion. Therefore he rarely gets his way.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    but, George Bush

lol true dat.
  • gta poker wrote: »
    but, george bush

twice.
  • George Bush looks pretty good compared to Obama iirc

I hear on CBC radio one that some citizens of Toronto have called the feds , and have asked them to investigate the drug activity and allegations, so I suppose that is a good thing.
    George Bush looks pretty good compared to Obama iirc.

not the first time i've heard someone with this opinion. personally, i have to strongly disagree with it. bush was one of the worst presidents ever. obama, at least so far, has not committed any blatant war crimes that have resulted is thousands of deaths - at least none that i am aware of.
  • Actually, Obama has . . . unless you want to ignore drone strikes on civilians.
    Actually, Obama has . . . unless you want to ignore drone strikes on civilians.

While there is debate whether drone strikes are the equivalent of war crimes, they are certainly not at the moment. And while I'm no huge advocate of drone strikes on "civilians" I have no doubt there are more innocent civilians killed by the death penalty in the US than drone strikes.
  • No . . . just no. And I am no supporter of the Death Penalty.

Drone strikes in sovereign nations with no declaration of war (think Yemen, Pakistan) kill dozens in collateral damage. Death Penalty kills one at a time, and the majority of them have had due process of law (even if I personally disagree with it).
    fed
    Welcome back Buddy!
  • Welcome back Buddy!

Sorry, not too sure what you are talking about :confused:
    Sorry, not too sure what you are talking about ;)
    Fixed it for you.

Drone strikes in sovereign nations with no declaration of war (think Yemen, Pakistan) kill dozens in collateral damage....

Oh, please. I'm speaking in the strict terms of which it's debated in the US, as strikes against treasonous Americans abroad without due process. The US has never been concerned with collateral damage.

And again, despite what you said, not close to a recognized war crime.
  • Not being charged doesn't mean you didn't do it.

In 1977, Protocol I was adopted as an amendment to the Geneva Conventions, prohibiting the deliberate or indiscriminate attack of civilians and civilian objects in the war-zone and the attacking force must take precautions and steps to spare the lives of civilians and civilian objects as possible./COLOR][COLOR=#0066cc]5[/COLOR][COLOR=#0066cc
  • Theres only 1 person who posts that WAT! picture. Welcome back Buddy!
    ;).
  • wrong thread. My fail. I would delete it...but I guess I own it.
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    wrong thread. My fail. I would delete it...but I guess I own it.

yeah man, just rock it :frown: