zoom 6 max 77 utg

does this seem like a standard line?

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 132.88 BB
SB: 100.5 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
BB: 100 BB
Hero (UTG): 94.36 BB
MP: 106.76 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
CO: 196.72 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 7:club: 7:spade:

Hero raises to 2 BB, MP calls 2 BB, CO raises to 8 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 6 BB, MP calls 6 BB

Flop: (25.5 BB, 3 players) 5:diamond: 3:heart: 2:club:
Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks

Turn: (25.5 BB, 3 players) 6:spade:
Hero bets 12 BB, MP calls 12 BB, fold

River: (49.5 BB, 2 players) 4:diamond:
Hero bets 23.5 BB, MP raises to 86.76 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 50.86 BB and is all-in

Comments

• Was MP a player named DrTyore holding 87??
  • I don't see how you can fold here. There is a straight on the board, no flushes possible. The only hand that beats you (7-8), you have two of those cards.
    As far as the betting as the streets go along, I don't see anything wrong with any of your plays.
  • ^agreed, NH
  • ha this one seems like a pissed off A4s or something.

suppose it could be 87 too, but you can't fold!
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I don't see how you can fold here. There is a straight on the board, no flushes possible. The only hand that beats you (7-8), you have two of those cards.
    As far as the betting as the streets go along, I don't see anything wrong with any of your plays.

thanks for the comments.

yeah, i'm not folding to the river reraise, but i was a little curious about the overall hand.

results in white below:
    villain flips over 87o obviously
  • Clearly just a huge cooler, you really block all his straight outs holding 2 of the 7's. Nothing wrong here, you played it just fine. Let them keep calling 3b's with 78o
  • Do you think villain really have the incentive to bluff? I don't, you yourself could possibly hold a 7 and he so he could potentially be risking money unnecessarily. If he thinks you might have a seven why not just call and potentially get half the pot instead of potentially losing his whole stack? Either you don't have a 7 in which case he still wins money. Or you do have a seven in which case he's losing no matter what, so why would villain jam and cost himself extra money?

Your betting pattern is consistent with that of 77. Also do you think he is ever capable of trying to get you off a chop (I don't)? I think you can find a fold in this spot. And are you really betting half pot otr to try and blow him off a chop pot...no your betting half pot otr to get a call. If he recognizes this then raising is the last thing that should be on his mind.

There is one combination of 77 and two combinations of 78s. So a third of the time you will be chopping and two thirds of the time you will lose. This only applys if you think villain is lose enough to call with 78s. If he's not then this is always a call %100 of the time.

I'm not sure on exactly how often you have to be good to justify calling for a chop given the odds you we're given. But I know it's more than 33%.