Royal Cup XVIII team thread, Oct 24th, 2015

Team thread for Captains entries only.

This thread is to post team entries, members, who is playing what, etc.
Please do not post comments not pertaining to above, they will be deleted. Use discussion thread for random stuff...

Confirmed Teams:
Rocks - Comp - Confirmed
KitWho - Wolff - Confirmed
Donkey Launchers - Chavato - Confirmed
Loose Moose - confirmed
HBK - DrTyore - Confirmed
Grinders - Sonny - Out due to illness

Comments

• Rocks lineup:

Comp - Jeff
    Mark
    g2 - Greg
    BigBob
    Derrick
    Paul
    Shelley
    Chris
  • Hey

Ya, HBK will throw some semblance of a team out there.

Mark
  • KitWho will return.
    1. Hobbes - Ron - Limit
    2. DataMn - Al - Limit
    3.-Ante River- Ken - Stud
    4. Pinhead - Brad - Limit
    5. Big Mike - Shaun - Stud
    6. Hellmuth's Mole - Chris - Stud
    7. Prophet22 - Brent - Stud
    8. Wolffhound - Dave - Limit
  • OK, since Sonny seems to be dragging his heels in getting a line-up posted, Grinders will look like this:

Eatmydust23 - Sonny
    Brent VR
    Mike P.
    Jared A.
    Devon A.
    Milo - Anthony
    Jory C.
    Jeff L.

The line-up is subject to change but that's pretty much solid.

Also, I just wanted to mention: one of our previous members, Mike G. from, Spring 2014 (I think, I can't seem to find any threads before fall 2014) passed away under odd circumstances a few weeks ago. He was once known as Michael (Mike) Dolle, then changed to Micheal (Mike) Gazonda and he, despite his showing at the Royal, had a very keen poker mind and was, at one time, quite well respected in the poker community. I just wanted to say here that our thoughts and energy are with his friends and family and we hope that he can rest in peace.
  • Donkey launchers are in
  • Yeah Loose Moose

Stud
    1. waltsfriend
    2. seekthegrail
    3. peteski
    4. JacNok

Limit
    5. moose
    6. mmoose
    7. holychow
    8. bfillmaff
  • Donkey launchers

Stud

Chavoto
    Wing's (Chris)
    Al Claridge
    To be announced

Limit

Ryan
    Larry
    T.O.B. (Terry)
    Shannon
  • Grinders are as follows:

Sonny: Stud
    Mike P: Stud
    Anthony: Stud
    Devan: Stud

Brent: Limit
    Jared: Limit
    Gemma: Limit
    Jeff L: Limit
  • Hey folks, the Grinders team is pulling out of this event. On September 22nd I had a heart attack and just got home yesterday from quadruple bypass surgery. The majority of the team agreed that not playing this fall event would be best for us and that we would regroup for Spring 2016. Sorry for the short notice.
  • Do we cancel until next spring since we only have 5 teams now? Input? Captains? Not even sure HBK is fielding a team...
  • Hey folks, the Grinders team is pulling out of this event. On September 22nd I had a heart attack and just got home yesterday from quadruple bypass surgery. The majority of the team agreed that not playing this fall event would be best for us and that we would regroup for Spring 2016. Sorry for the short notice.

No problem Sonny, get better quick. Look after yourself..
  • 5 teams isn't enough imo . even 6 is short.

Sonny, get better soon.
  • Get better soon Sonny
  • HBK has 6/8 so far... was working and hoping to get some more feelers out at Moose's game this Thursday

But 5 does seem short to me....

Mark
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    5 teams isn't enough imo . even 6 is short.
    DrTyore wrote: »
    But 5 does seem short to me....Mark

I'm kind of the same opinion.. Let's see Moose's feeling as well...
  • Odds of another Royal getting off the ground if we cancel?

I could host a tourney that day. (Subject to mlb post season- alcs gm 7 scheduled that day). I will poll my players on Thurs.
  • moose wrote: »
    Odds of another Royal getting off the ground if we cancel?

I could host a tourney that day. (Subject to mlb post season- alcs gm 7 scheduled that day). I will poll my players on Thurs.

Well twice before we have only had one in a calendar year. I need to make a decision quickly as the venue needs an answer.
  • Well, if it's still going to be a "go", I am available as a free agent. Sorry for posting here, but I see no thread for this Cup.
  • Donkey launchers will play no matter what oh and my player derek will not be here new player will let you know
  • Or instead of a team tourney have a No limit tourney with a buy in of 60$ to 100$ with a 20 k starting stack 20 or 30 min blinds
  • Our problem with that is the venue... If we only got 30-40 people they would likely want to charge us for the use of the room since they wouldn't be making as much. We were attractive to them before because we were a group of 60-70 who were there virtually all day.
  • I say call it . . . better to regroup in the spring than disappoint our hosts with a low turnout.
  • I'm going to give it until this Friday noon, will cancel at that point unless we can come up with a miracle save.
  • If I were you I would talk to venue and see what they have to say then go from there I think if you don't run it when we're this close to the date is gonna put a bad taste in some peoples mouths.
    If we have 5 teams that is better then nothing that the venue will still make money so what if prizes are smaller I'm sure that with the teams left between 8 people per team we could make it 600 $ instead of 400 say for entry making it 75$ per person rather then 50 $ anyone one who is a true poker player (gambler) is not gonna mind for a day of poker and fun
  • Changing the buy-in would be more detrimental than cancelling, imo.
  • Already spoken with the venue earlier this week, they figure their break even point is 40 players when you consider staffing requirements, etc. You have to remember we pay nothing for the venue. It's not really worth it to them and raising the buyin to $75 does nothing for the venue. If we try to raise it at this point it would be fatal I'm sure. I'm open to raising the buyin for future events and we've talked about it, but we can't do it last minute. Summary, 6 teams is bare minimum to run this event, 8 is ideal.
  • Well I hate to say it but I think if you cancel your gonna loose more I know my self I've already booked time off work and so have some other people I'm sure . I think you should run no matter if its only 5 teams just my opinion that's 40 people
  • I can't do much about the decreasing interest in poker...Sorry you feel that way but we need minimum 6 teams. Perhaps yourself or someone else would like to take this over?

Moose had mentioned he may be able to run a tournament the same day in Cambridge, so hopefully some of you would still get to play.
  • compuease wrote: »
    I'm going to give it until this Friday noon, will cancel at that point unless we can come up with a miracle save.

Ok, Osuna didn't show up to save it. Cancelled until next April.. I am disappointed... :( Please inform your players..