Sharing my joy - my first MTT win

It only took about a total of two years of online play but I finally (quoting a line from Phil Ivey) "broke my cherry" when it comes to online MTTs. Tonight i won a $10 freezeout with 103 entrants. $309 prize, I'm a happy boy!

I wanted to post this as well because I KNOW that this forum in particular has helped me become a more solid poker player. The advice, questions, posts and thoughts of all of you here helped.

And for that I thank you all!

(This man flirting though has got to stop) :tongue:

WSoP - here I come! :wink:

Comments

• congrats. I knew it was only a matter of time. :)

Red
  • What a great Easter gift! Congratulations on your well-deserved victory. Any nice stories to pass on: winning on the river, bad beats, etc? :spade:
  • Here are some high/lowlights of the tourney:

103 entrants - about 10 mins in get a horrible river suck out and am in 93rd of 93rd players. Two hands later, I had Ace/some paint offsuit on the BB and call someones perceived blind steal that put me all in. I thought I was a goner when someone behind me also called. I won and more than tripled up. It was early enough in the tourney that I was now 9 of 91.

With about 30 people left, I had decent position, but not great (top 10 pay). I decided to call a hand post-flop that was marginal at best (top pair weak kicker I beleive). I ended up losing the hand and a little tilt came in. I lost the next pot and was down to 2k. The average stack at that time mustve been around 8. I was again at the bottom of the active players. But, chip and a chair...

I don't remember the hands but I won three solid hands in a row. This brought me to avg stack. After that, I played solid tourney poker - big hands, occaisional steal attempts, etc. Next thing I knew I was in the top 5, then 3. For the first time I actively 'beat' on the small stacks. I became chip leader.

I then geared down and watched the other smaller stacks fight to stay alive thereby giving me a free ticket to the final table. I was in about 3rd position there. I played very well and the cards came too.

I busted out about 3 people on the final table. The only hand I remember was holding KK in early position and having everyone fold to my 3xBB raise :frown:

When it was heads up I had about a 3 to 1 chip lead on the other player. She was either folding or all-ining (hmmm, I seem to remember posting something about that). She then stopped doing that and we played back and forth with me 'bumping or dumping' for about 10 mins.

Then she disconnected! The difference between 1st and 2nd was just over $100 USD. Not a lot of money but worth playing for on a $10 buy-in. The 3rd place person and a few others were still watching. I commented on how this was a sad way to win a tourney.

About 3-5 mins later she reconnected. I had, by default, won every pot during that time. She complained about her comp and then disconnected again - this time only briefly.

When she got back on, she was just in time for the 5 minute break. :wink:

She jokingly asked about getting some of her chips back. I told her I would fold the next three hands to her raises if she trusted me. I think she was a little hesitant but she agreed. I folded as promised. She thanked me. I told her I am also prone to computer issues so I understood.

She was now 'allining again" - I had 4-5x her stack so I took a stand - and lost. She kept it up and got to the point where she was almost even with me after winning another one.

Once she was at that point, she geared down again. I played smart/agressive and got back to 3x her stack.

We played for another little while and then my hand beat her hand and the rest is history.
  • 88Fingers wrote:
    It only took about a total of two years of online play but I finally (quoting a line from Phil Ivey) "broke my cherry" when it comes to online MTTs. Tonight i won a $10 freezeout with 103 entrants. $309 prize, I'm a happy boy!

WSoP - here I come! :wink:

Congratz Fingers :)

where was this MTT held?

cheers,
    CO :confused:
  • tyvm

It was held on Royal Vegas Poker.

I'm on a roll there now - finished 3rd in a $10 with rebuy for a cool $277.

And doing quite well on the $1/$2 and $2/$4 NL tables I might add.
  • 88Fingers wrote:
    tyvm

It was held on Royal Vegas Poker.

I'm on a roll there now - finished 3rd in a $10 with rebuy for a cool $277.

And doing quite well on the $1/$2 and $2/$4 NL tables I might add.

cool :eek:
  • I wont play there anymore, seen so many quads come up it really wasnt funny. Right now Im enjoying Doyles Room. Not to Highjack your thread but I play for a WSOP seat on there tomorrow :D

Id recommend checking it out, its a pretty good site.

Also Congrats on breaking your cherry!!! Its all downhill from here!.