Waterloo Poker Classic

If anybody is interested WPC is back.
Did you miss us? We definitely missed you!

I'm beyond thrilled to be sending you this email.

It's time to bring back the WPC, permanently. It's been ages and a global pandemic but we won't stop bringing world-class poker experiences to Waterloo Region. It's been four years since I sent you a note so out of an abundance of empathy, this is the unsubscribe link, if you are so inclined.

On Wednesday March 8, 2023 at exactly 12:00pm EST, tickets will go on sale for the Q1 2023 WPC. The game will be held on Friday March 31st in Waterloo and all the details will be available on the registration page on March 8th. We anticipate a same-day sell-out, so be on the lookout for my March 8th email.

The lead sponsors for the 2023 season are Heffner Lexus-Toyota, Momentum Developments and Jack Fitzgerald of RE/MAX Twin City Realty. Without them, the WPC would not be possible. ❤️
MrCaspankarthikilan82jojo

Comments

• So glad to hear this. this tournament is a favorite among many on here!
  • I would like to receive the email please. How can I get on the mailing list?
  • I would like to receive the email please. How can I get on the mailing list?
  • Pls add me to mailing list please
  • I've been on the list for years. This is the email address of the contact I was sent. NABIL FAHEL <nabil@waterloopokerclassic.com>
    Grahamer
  • I'd like to receive an email as well, please.
  • Do we need an email to register or can we just find a link on the website?
  • benolds17 wrote: »
    Do we need an email to register or can we just find a link on the website?
    It helps to get the email to remind you to register -now-!
  • EdtheTed wrote: »
    benolds17 wrote: »
    Do we need an email to register or can we just find a link on the website?
    It helps to get the email to remind you to register -now-!

Where do you register? Is it a special link only provided in the email?
  • I think I recall someone mentioning that it only open to people active in the local tech industry.
    [but I likely only hallucinated that?]

• Sold out it seems
  • Is the pre game dinner the same as buying a ticket to the event?
  • You have to buy the dinner as that is the registration, then pay $100. cash at the door which is the prize pool. I believe it sold out very quickly.
    https://www.waterloopokerclassic.com/register/wpc
  • The organizer told me that it sold out in 12 minutes.
    Grahamer
  • DataMn wrote: »
    The organizer told me that it sold out in 12 minutes.

Sounds like the Holt Poker Tour. ;)
    g2kwsteve
  • edited March 2023
    Here is an email I received with a link if you want to notified for future tournaments. Not the most tec savy , but if you copy and paste the link in a browser it does work.

I want to give our WPC community an update with data as I received a lot of emails from people who were in disbelief that tickets sold-out so quickly.

Tickets went on sale on March 8th at 12:00pm noon as planned. Just prior to creating the inventory, I registered myself and the dealers (who are always players too) that needed to be registered. We sold the balance of the 150 seats in exactly 12 minutes. So by 12:12pm this past Wednesday, nobody else was able to secure a ticket. That's a WPC record.

If any of your friends want to ensure they receive all future communications including registration emails from us, please send them this sign up link https://waterloopokerclassic.us9.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=6ad42014b3460c79951efe282&id=aef82eab38 which will automatically add them to our email database. You are welcome to send this link to any of your friends or family – our games are for everyone!

We have not held a game since December 2019 so it has been four years! That is part of what explains all the pent up demand. In the future, we will send two separate emails well before tickets go on sale to clearly identify the date and time that tickets will go on sale.

I always say this and I'll say it again, if you snag a ticket on registration day and subsequently learn that you cannot come, I could easily refund you the reservation fee and reallocate the seat. However, if we sell-out, there is nothing we could do to create more space unless people cancel which is super rare. We will also look into bigger venues and potentially multi-day structures.

Lastly, I'd like to recognize our amazing sponsors, Heffner Lexus, Heffner Toyota, Momentum Developments, RE/MAX Twin City Realty, Built By Engineers and the JG Group. Without them, the WPC would not be possible. ❤️
    g2
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited March 2023
    Well I'm one of the lucky ones.... lol.

Hi Jeff,

I want to give our WPC community an update with data as I received a lot of emails from people who were in disbelief that tickets sold-out so quickly.

Tickets went on sale on March 8th at 12:00pm noon as planned. Just prior to creating the inventory, I registered myself and the dealers (who are always players too) that needed to be registered. We sold the balance of the 150 seats in exactly 12 minutes. So by 12:12pm this past Wednesday, nobody else was able to secure a ticket. That's a WPC record.

If any of your friends want to ensure they receive all future communications including registration emails from us, please send them this sign up link which will automatically add them to our email database. You are welcome to send this link to any of your friends or family – our games are for everyone!

We have not held a game since December 2019 so it has been four years! That is part of what explains all the pent up demand. In the future, we will send two separate emails well before tickets go on sale to clearly identify the date and time that tickets will go on sale.

I always say this and I'll say it again, if you snag a ticket on registration day and subsequently learn that you cannot come, I could easily refund you the reservation fee and reallocate the seat. However, if we sell-out, there is nothing we could do to create more space unless people cancel which is super rare. We will also look into bigger venues and potentially multi-day structures.

Nabil

https://waterloopokerclassic.us9.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=6ad42014b3460c79951efe282&id=aef82eab38
    Grahamer
  • edited March 2023
    Good luck to everyone that got a ticket, they do sell out quickly. Wonder when they will attempt a multi-day multi-hundred player tourney... God knows the town could use one and there is definitely an appetite for it. At least from the folks, I keep hearing that fly down to Vegas for them :)
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited March 2023
    Who else on here has a successful registration?

1/ Comp
    2/ Waltsfriend
    3/ Botmac
    4/ benolds17
    5/ shankargv
    6/ jojo
    7/ Dano
    8/ Shtebs
    9/ ?
  • edited March 2023
    I was lucky enough
  • I got a ticket
  • I managed to get a ticket as well
  • Me too
  • I'm in. I've been dealing for these since the very first one so I am fortunate to get some special consideration.
    EdtheTed
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    So glad to hear this. this tournament is a favorite among many on here!

It is a “donkument” but people seem to enjoy it.
    BlondeFish
  • thisORthat wrote: »
    I think I recall someone mentioning that it only open to people active in the local tech industry.
    [but I likely only hallucinated that?]

It began as a way for those in the tech industry to meet each other. But it has expanded beyond that which is why it sells out so quickly.
  • if anyone wants to sell their seat let me know
  • Any trip report of the Waterloo Poker Classic?